`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are all the 2011 David Gettis Cards?

Where are all the 2011 David Gettis Cards?
What is with the card companies this year. They are producing cards for Panther players that did nothing last year . Yet they leave out My pc Guy David Gettis and Lafell. I know the older guys do have a fan base but some of the new guys need love too. Panini is the worst culprit of this.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

RE: Where are all the 2011 David Gettis Cards?
is it really that big of a deal? the only set i really see him being in is Topps.

most other products have 3 maybe 4 max players on a team.

for the Panthers, think of D-Will and J-Stew and Clausen (largely due to the fact that he will start this year and his ND following)
Supercollecting DeMarco Murray LMK if you have anything
PC Stats: 860/1435. 91 1/1's, 189 Autos, 182 Gu, 216 #ed, 180 Base/RC's

[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(07-31-2011, 01:51 PM)CowboysFan829488 Wrote: is it really that big of a deal? the only set i really see him being in is Topps.

most other products have 3 maybe 4 max players on a team.

for the Panthers, think of D-Will and J-Stew and Clausen (largely due to the fact that he will start this year and his ND following)
Its a big deal when you are a player collector. D-Will did nothing last year due to injury. And Clausen well no comment on him. That and Gettis actually produced
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

I think you might be the only one wondering why...and that's probably why.

Being a Panthers fan David Gettis had a few good games but not enough to be a young star to warrant the card companies to put him on their cards. Theres many panthers ahead of in popularity and talent. You have of course Beason, S Smith, DeAngelo( who was injured last year but is still a great RB), Stewart, Charles Johnson and Thomas Davis.

(07-31-2011, 01:58 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Being a Panthers fan David Gettis had a few good games but not enough to be a young star to warrant the card companies to put him on their cards. Theres many panthers ahead of in popularity and talent. You have of course Beason, S Smith, DeAngelo( who was injured last year but is still a great RB), Stewart, Charles Johnson and Thomas Davis.
I see what you mean but why make a Steve Smith card when Gettis produced more then him. Why Have a DeAngelo when Goodson had a better year? Its like last year when they were making all the Armanti Edwards cards. A player who was an experimental player at best.

(07-31-2011, 02:09 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: I see what you mean but why make a Steve Smith card when Gettis produced more then him. Why Have a DeAngelo when Goodson had a better year? Its like last year when they were making all the Armanti Edwards cards. A player who was an experimental player at best.
It's because those players are the team cornerstones. Gettis only produced more than Smith because Smith was injured. Same with Goodson over D-Will. I don't know anyone that would take Gettis and Goodson over D-Will and Smith. Just my 2 cents. Smile

I wish they made more Beason Cards Sad im really lacking his stuff in my hurricanes collection

r23b lol don't look at my photo bucket then if ur lacking beason,Ha I only have a few and its like ej said those two players only produced more because they were injured. If you have 100 people buying a Panthers jersey and the only two choices were Steve Smith and David Gettis, Id be willing to say 90 % would get Smith because he's been fan favorite and he has produced over his career. If Gettis starts to have 1000 yd receiving years then they will prob start making his cards.They want to make cards of who's more likely to sell and so thats why theres so many more smith and deangelo cards.

Who?!!! Bettis. LOL
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]