`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've come to a crossroads in collecting

I've come to a crossroads in collecting
So this fall I begin college and know I won't be able to buy/sell/trade cards very well from there. The only way I'll be able to buy is if I sell cards that I have, and I would really like to add to my PC. Right now I collect Twins and I'm really after Mauer, Span, and Liriano. I've been considering focusing more and more on Mauer and Span. Right now my Liriano collection is probably the biggest in terms of AU/GU but I haven't really had a drive to get his stuff and I've been wanting to get more and more Span and Mauer stuff. I've also considered moving my Twins GU/AU in order to get more Mauer, Span, and retired players but I'm still unsure if I want to do that, I know my collection isn't that great but it means something to me. Any suggestions?

RE: I've come to a crossroads in collecting
I've tried several times to add different players and cards to pc collections but I've found my drive or want for them dwindles after a while and I always stick with my main guy or two. As much as I dislike giving up a card i paid good money or traded for I end up getting more satisfaction out of the new PC card more because it's a player I've always collected. just my 2 cents. Hard to let go but you may find your happier in the long run.
no org, please do not send trade requests

SP Authentic Joe Mauer Auto

here, ill direct you towards a mauer bias... any interest?
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

(07-31-2011, 11:29 AM)bunk27 Wrote: SP Authentic Joe Mauer Auto

here, ill direct you towards a mauer bias... any interest?
I'm definately interested lol, but I can't get a Mauer auto yet. I have no funds, that is one reason why I'm considering dumping my Liriano PC except for maybe an auto or two

(07-31-2011, 11:31 AM)clarkzac Wrote: I'm definately interested lol, but I can't get a Mauer auto yet. I have no funds, that is one reason why I'm considering dumping my Liriano PC except for maybe an auto or two
no worries... lmk if you ever want to trade for it

[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

As someone with a relatively small budget I know the situation. I try to build a few sets, open a box once in a while, build my Ozzie Smith collection and build my general Cardinals collection. None of it is particularly large, but it's all stuff I want to collect. I try to maximize by trading away or selling as much as I can that is not part of my PC. Sometimes it means trading in other people's favor or selling game-used for only a few bucks. My advice is, if you want to focus your collection more, go for it, but don't get rid of cards you really want to keep.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

one thing I have found that helps is maybe not dumping your entire liriano collection but just reducing it. If you have 10 gu then maybe you only need your favorite 5. As a team collector I have reduced my collection of certain pieces of certain guys before and it seems to help me. You can also be choosy doing this, "I am really only looking for mauer or span for this liriano" and such
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

(07-31-2011, 04:06 PM)dwegner1 Wrote: one thing I have found that helps is maybe not dumping your entire liriano collection but just reducing it. If you have 10 gu then maybe you only need your favorite 5. As a team collector I have reduced my collection of certain pieces of certain guys before and it seems to help me. You can also be choosy doing this, "I am really only looking for mauer or span for this liriano" and such
See, what I was considering is keeping a couple Liriano AUs and some of my favorite Twins GU/AUs and trading them to other Twins collectors for Mauer and Span or selling them to help fund the purchase of a Mauer autograph

i here you i am sure i will run into this issue eventully to as i have like 9 or 10 players who i love that i am trying to collect and its hard to focus on all of them though my biggest one is ortiz right now aroud 165 cards of his though most of them are base inserts so on so fourth
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo