`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pack Guarantees... HOW?!?!

Pack Guarantees... HOW?!?!
So I'm browsing the Bay and seeing the auctions for Bowman Platinum hot packs that are GUARANTEEING a Harper hit. It definitely isn't the first time I've seen this type of auction but it has always baffled me HOW people can GUARANTEE a card in a pack without opening it??? Are they buying them direct with that guarantee? Is there something in the sequence number of the pack or the case??? How do people guarantee hits in packs?
Dave J.

Collecting current and former Georgia Tech sports stars, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., and Albert Pujols

RE: Pack Guarantees... HOW?!?!
And the pack searching debate in 3...2....1....
Is this thing on?

Topps has always had collation problems and there is a pattern to their packs. That being said, I don't buy new packs anymore so is there a way to see the top or bottom card through the packaging with Platinum?
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(07-30-2011, 09:02 PM)shivelycore Wrote: And the pack searching debate in 3...2....1....
lol, you are right though

(07-30-2011, 09:00 PM)dandsbeck1 Wrote: So I'm browsing the Bay and seeing the auctions for Bowman Platinum hot packs that are GUARANTEEING a Harper hit. It definitely isn't the first time I've seen this type of auction but it has always baffled me HOW people can GUARANTEE a card in a pack without opening it??? Are they buying them direct with that guarantee? Is there something in the sequence number of the pack or the case??? How do people guarantee hits in packs?
there isnt a sequence

so take two seconds and three guesses - the first two dont count - as how they guarantee it

The auction in question...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-BOWMAN-PLATINUM...4aad605d4c
Dave J.

Collecting current and former Georgia Tech sports stars, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., and Albert Pujols

looks like a steal at .99!! - I can't believe he has the nads to post it.

Lookat his feedback about 30 down -some guy paid $40 for Andre Ethier relic, Tim Hudson relic, Nick Swisher relic. I didn't realize that people fall for this
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

90% of the time, the seller opens a pack inserts said card and reseals a pack.

8% of the time you can see through the pack and tell who is in it.

1% the hits are all in the same spot. Ive opened lots of cases and can normally find a pattern and take the hits from a box and make a super box for myself lol.

1% other.
[Image: cars1-1.gif]

Always Looking for Corey Wootton. I also can 50/50 MWL For Autos.

It's a bid-auction, so it STARTS at .99. BIN is $44 and his last one that sold had 3 bids and sold for $44. I'm just saying a Harper card plus a few purple refractors plus a CHANCE at a harper auto sounds like a pretty good deal at $44...
Dave J.

I think the deal is that you aren't getting an auto - if he really had one he would sell it
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney