`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Paypal help

OT: Paypal help
Ok, so I'm FINALLY getting around to using paypal (who knows, maybe photobucket is next!) However, I'm a little confused on how it works. Do I need to add funds to my paypal to use it? If my credit or debit card is on file, is that enough to purchase items on the bay? I appreciate any help.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

RE: OT: Paypal help
Just have a credit/debit card and/or bank account on file and you're good. You don't have to add funds to your account or anything. If you only have a bank account, your payments will be sent as eChecks though, which some people don't really like getting. But if you have a credit card on file, then your bank account payments are instant. Just win your auction, hit pay now, and it'll automatically give you a PayPal sign-in prompt. The next page will ask what source you want to use for your payment. The next page is just a confirmation of payment, and you're done!

Just a note....if you don't have a bank account on file, you'll have a limited dollar amount worth of transactions allowed until you add a bank account.

(07-30-2011, 01:00 AM)slufan83 Wrote: Just have a credit/debit card and/or bank account on file and you're good. You don't have to add funds to your account or anything. If you only have a bank account, your payments will be sent as eChecks though, which some people don't really like getting. But if you have a credit card on file, then your bank account payments are instant. Just win your auction, hit pay now, and it'll automatically give you a PayPal sign-in prompt. The next page will ask what source you want to use for your payment. The next page is just a confirmation of payment, and you're done!

Just a note....if you don't have a bank account on file, you'll have a limited dollar amount worth of transactions allowed until you add a bank account.
Excellent, that answers everything. Thank you!
I ship on weekends

(07-30-2011, 12:36 AM)rpspenner Wrote: Ok, so I'm FINALLY getting around to using paypal (who knows, maybe photobucket is next!) However, I'm a little confused on how it works. Do I need to add funds to my paypal to use it? If my credit or debit card is on file, is that enough to purchase items on the bay? I appreciate any help.
I have used a visa gift card to put on file & i would never link my bank account. Paypal is not a bank & is not regulated, i have read stories of them freezing a bank account for 6 months & the bank can't do anything about it. Imaging your checking acct frozen & cant pay mortgage, utilities or anything else.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(07-30-2011, 02:37 AM)krn001 Wrote: I have used a visa gift card to put on file & i would never link my bank account. Paypal is not a bank & is not regulated, i have read stories of them freezing a bank account for 6 months & the bank can't do anything about it. Imaging your checking acct frozen & cant pay mortgage, utilities or anything else.
This is only a concern if you are a seller correct?

(07-30-2011, 02:37 AM)krn001 Wrote: I have used a visa gift card to put on file & i would never link my bank account. Paypal is not a bank & is not regulated, i have read stories of them freezing a bank account for 6 months & the bank can't do anything about it. Imaging your checking acct frozen & cant pay mortgage, utilities or anything else.
That's good to know. So I CAN use it without having my bank acct listed, correct?
I ship on weekends

(07-30-2011, 07:30 AM)iujapander Wrote: This is only a concern if you are a seller correct?
No thats a buyer too. I just gone through that. I don't sell anymore but I do buy alot on ebay. I purchased a 15.00 travis hafner auto from a guy in my same town. Paypal took my payment and it cleared my pnc account the next day. Well the froze the money so the seller couldn't receive it and then they froze my acct. They wanted to do a so called check for fraud. On a 15. ?? really. These mofos wanted my ss card,drivers license,proof of residence,copy of my bank statement and then it would take up to 14 days to get a response. Mind you when you link your bank acc you have 2 options to verify.
1. they deposit a small amount and you report back. 2.they ask you for your account username and password. Well i was dumb and did option 2. This is wrong. I refused to send them all my personal info.
So i money ordered the seller and closed my paypal. My company goes through them. We sell computers and hardware. They have limited us twice. We do over 25k every two weeks. Holding our funds but making us ship our products is dumb. Buyers pay s&h how do we cover that with funds being held. Paypal is garbage. I will send cash before i ever use paypal again. My company is going a different route soon.

Good luck to those who haven't been reviewed yet. Its not fun.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I use my visa on PP for most purchases. If something don't arrive and PP don`t help Visa got my butt covered everytime.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

Paypal is the DEVIL
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

(07-30-2011, 08:07 AM)rpspenner Wrote: That's good to know. So I CAN use it without having my bank acct listed, correct?
Yeah, you can use PayPal without adding your bank account.....but you'll be limited to a certain dollar value's worth of transactions. It's some crazy number like $10,000 though.