`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
autograph baseball help

RE: autograph baseball help
(07-30-2011, 12:22 AM)rascrush Wrote: thanks bro so pretty much if i have a ball with a black signature or a perminate marker sig i am screwed so jw would going over the black signature with a blue pen hurt the sig at all except for the fact that it would not qoute un qoute be from the player anymore
i wouldn't trace over it, from what i read there are a few (not guaranteed) procedures to restore the auto's but i would be hesitant unless its an au i could afford to loose.
As for blue ink, i have a 1956 Yankee team signed ball in blue ink & looks great. It doesn't get much exposure to light which helped keep it that way. Heres a pic from 2 of the au's.

[Image: autobbb-1.jpg]
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Fading is much much better than tracing over.Fading shows age and character but tracing over is forging and considered that every time.PSA DNA and other companies will not even look at those balls.

(07-30-2011, 09:06 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: +1. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER trace over it.

Faded > traced over.
Looking for HOF rookies,auto,jersey,patch and vintage baseball,basketball,football.Also looking for oddball autos and relics

[Image: cooltext544972084.gif]

http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h404/cardsnstuff2/

so jw how do people show there balls then if there is not suppose to be any light at all like how do you have them displayed or do you not have them displayed also what is this acrilic thing you are talking about thanks for the help guys
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

My head hurts from the run on sentences. I have mine in a ManCave, in which the light is never turned on unless I'm showing it off!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

(07-30-2011, 11:18 PM)rascrush Wrote: so jw how do people show there balls then if there is not suppose to be any light at all like how do you have them displayed or do you not have them displayed also what is this acrilic thing you are talking about thanks for the help guys
There might be UV holders available to minimize potential damage from light. If they are displayed in a room that doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight & temp and humidity are controlled they should last a very long time with little or no fading.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered