`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010-11 Ultimate Collection: One More Pack, One More Patch!

2010-11 Ultimate Collection: One More Pack, One More Patch!
I headed over to Wayne's today to get some stuff purchased for my all-time Hurricanes collection when I had enough money to purchase for myself a pack of 2010-11 Ultimate Collection. If you all remember, I pulled a very nice Ovechkin dual patch card #/35 from my first one, and today I chose another Ultimate pack with a patch within.

Base Sidney Crosby #/399. RC Jonas Holos #/399, Signature Nick Foligno, Premium Swatches Authentic Patch: Henrik Lundqvist #/25:

[Image: 201011ultimatepack2.jpg]

Comments always welcome and always appreciated!

RE: 2010-11 Ultimate Collection: One More Pack, One More Patch!
Not for nothing but if you're paying $90+ for a pack of Ultimate, 1 color patch cards are unacceptable & autographs of players like Nick Foligno should be outlawed. In SPX, fine. In Ultimate, no way.

Agreed! I had the same conversation with a friend of mine after opening the pack. While getting two patches out of two packs is great (the swatches on my Ovechkin were disgustingly awesome), a patch swatch of that size from a $90 pack should never be only one color. Given, it does look better in person, and it does have some stitching near the edges, it's nowhere near as good as my Ovechkin from last week!

At least I am not alone in my thinking! Thanks for the comment!

man I was hoping for a great patch (look wise) but it is a solid player so I take it

good pulls and congrats
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(07-29-2011, 01:32 PM)azicet Wrote: Not for nothing but if you're paying $90+ for a pack of Ultimate, 1 color patch cards are unacceptable & autographs of players like Nick Foligno should be outlawed. In SPX, fine. In Ultimate, no way.
I agree. I have been hesitant to buy Ultimate because of that. At least you are 2 for 2 with pulling patches. I hope your luck continues.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

I'll play devil's advocate for a second -- it's tough to get really nice Rangers patches because their jerseys only have three colors to begin with and aside from any specialty patches (85th anniversary, etc); their lettering is two-color only.

The best you can really get with the Rangers jersey is a one-color swatch with a two-color patch.

All that being said, still a nice pull on the Lundqvist and if you want to trade it, I'll give it a good home!
One other thought -- with the size of the swatches used on these cards, a one color swatch would almost have to be from the back number.

Not too bad, I have seen alot worse but at least you got a patch card and the Crosby base is not too shabby either.
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

and it is a HUGE patch....so even tho its one color...its one bigggg color

(07-29-2011, 09:28 PM)shotsavereboundscore Wrote: and it is a HUGE patch....so even tho its one color...its one bigggg color
+1,
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Nice pulls congrats
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK