`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Five Star pt magnetic holder size??

Topps Five Star pt magnetic holder size??
Would anyone happen to know the magnetic holder pt size for Topps Five Star?

The one's i've bought from others usually come to me in a top loader and I need to put all of my quotables in some better holders. I've heard 180pt, but wasn't sure.

So I called Topps customer support about specifically Topps Five Star Football (just a base card to make it easier) and the kid that answered the phone had no idea what I was talking about. He had to get off the phone and ask someone 3 times before finally telling me, "well our cards range from 75pt to over 100pt, they vary.".....

RE: Topps Five Star pt magnetic holder size??
Just put my base card in a brand new 130pt and it fit perfectly. Very snug and happy. Smile
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-29-2011, 10:06 AM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Just put my base card in a brand new 130pt and it fit perfectly. Very snug and happy. Smile
well see, I have two full boxes of Ultra Pro 130pt and they work great for my sp authentic patch/autos, but for my quotables they fit in there with a tiny sliver of space and the magnet doesn't snap together like it should.

(07-29-2011, 11:33 AM)adidasking417 Wrote: well see, I have two full boxes of Ultra Pro 130pt and they work great for my sp authentic patch/autos, but for my quotables they fit in there with a tiny sliver of space and the magnet doesn't snap together like it should.
Every card in that product is different size, so the kid on the phone was right... Guess you should head to the LCS with one of each to see what you need.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-29-2011, 11:33 AM)adidasking417 Wrote: well see, I have two full boxes of Ultra Pro 130pt and they work great for my sp authentic patch/autos, but for my quotables they fit in there with a tiny sliver of space and the magnet doesn't snap together like it should.
I use slightly-larger one-touch holders for all of my cards and eliminate the movement by placing a tiny square of foam behind each card. You can buy this type of foam (which won't stain/damage the card) at any craft store, but I just took some out of my Pelican cases I had in the garage. I have a tool box and a Pelican case that each have foam in there that you can cut out to customize the shape of whatever you are storing. I took out one 3" by 3" square and it's lasted me over a year because I only use a TINY piece for each card, but it works perfectly for my one-touch magnet holders.
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322

[Image: 2011-07-29113501.jpg]
Yeah, I think that's what I may need to do, go to 180pt magnetic holder and use your idea of square foam to keep it from moving. I appreciate it!

(07-29-2011, 12:08 PM)sensei322 Wrote: I use slightly-larger one-touch holders for all of my cards and eliminate the movement by placing a tiny square of foam behind each card. You can buy this type of foam (which won't stain/damage the card) at any craft store, but I just took some out of my Pelican cases I had in the garage. I have a tool box and a Pelican case that each have foam in there that you can cut out to customize the shape of whatever you are storing. I took out one 3" by 3" square and it's lasted me over a year because I only use a TINY piece for each card, but it works perfectly for my one-touch magnet holders.

For the Quotables I use 180pt, And cut a thin layer of the softer material of "packing peanuts", Biodegradable Loose fill, or u can use a piece of paper or any other thin material to fill the spaces in the case so that the card doesn't move around in there.

You know, idk why I didn't just ask you in the first place lol I should've known, but yeah, that's what I was thinking 180pt then slide a little something in there to keep it from sliding around.