Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you tell the difference?

How do you tell the difference?
Subj: 2009 Upper Deck Icons Lettermen
Question: How do you tell the difference from the letter "D" and the letter "O"?

Any help or scans of the letters would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

RE: How do you tell the difference?
I know someone on this board has an answer.

Good luck, I have been trying to find out what the difference is between the 09 Icons and the 09 Icons Retail Red.

Doesnt it say what letter it is on the back of the card. I thought they did.

(07-28-2011, 10:47 AM)dkotart Wrote: Good luck, I have been trying to find out what the difference is between the 09 Icons and the 09 Icons Retail Red.

(07-28-2011, 01:05 PM)scarc12 Wrote: Doesnt it say what letter it is on the back of the card. I thought they did.
No, they don't, and looking at "O" and "D" from the set looks the same to me.

Wow I thought they did. What are they supposed to spell anyway.
(07-28-2011, 01:21 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: No, they don't, and looking at "O" and "D" from the set looks the same to me.

(07-28-2011, 01:25 PM)scarc12 Wrote: Wow I thought they did. What are they supposed to spell anyway.
I'm trying to spell "DUSTIN PEDROIA"
His name has both "D" and "O".
I looked at pics from other names to see if I could make out the difference but I have had no luck.

(07-28-2011, 10:47 AM)dkotart Wrote: Good luck, I have been trying to find out what the difference is between the 09 Icons and the 09 Icons Retail Red.
I found out today when I got a card and I wanted to know if it was retail or normal. Look at the word icons in the top right corner. If it's retail, it's white.
Collect anything Hockey and Baseball. My current PC's include Phil Coke, Koji Uehara, Scott Baker, Shaun Marcum, Josh Beckett, and Jamie Doornbosch.
[Image: 24698j9.png]
Thanks to bustin 5 knots for the banner!

(07-28-2011, 01:53 PM)chrysleraspen08 Wrote: I found out today when I got a card and I wanted to know if it was retail or normal. Look at the word icons in the top right corner. If it's retail, it's white.
Thanks for the info, the two I have are both gold lettering so both are hobby versions. This is the type of info, I wish beckett would include in the card description area when you click on a particular card. With all of the variations it is very hard to keep up.

(07-28-2011, 02:06 PM)dkotart Wrote: Thanks for the info, the two I have are both gold lettering so both are hobby versions. This is the type of info, I wish beckett would include in the card description area when you click on a particular card. With all of the variations it is very hard to keep up.
I agree, that would help a lot!
Collect anything Hockey and Baseball. My current PC's include Phil Coke, Koji Uehara, Scott Baker, Shaun Marcum, Josh Beckett, and Jamie Doornbosch.
[Image: 24698j9.png]
Thanks to bustin 5 knots for the banner!