IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ISSUES *******EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ********AND TAKE NOTES

RE: ISSUES *******EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ********AND TAKE NOTES
yes i was talking about the origanal post
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

RASCRUSH

Its funny you should say that!!! You are one of the main reasons why i wrote this thread. If you read the BV section of what i wrote you'll understand why i didnt pay you $10 + 3 cards in trade for a $12 card. Like i said everyone need to read this and take notes. If you notice as well about 8 other people agree with me not paying that much money for a card!!!
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(07-28-2011, 08:30 PM)dandsbeck1 Wrote: Why does Beckett (or any value guide for that matter) list a Beckett High and Beckett Low value if no one is ever willing to pay anything remotely close for it? It would be better to list what the average collector would pay rather than some inflated figure that makes your collection LOOK valuable.
If you think no one is ever willing to pay anything remotely close to the Beckett values, you're not paying attention. Additionally, I don't know about you, but what exactly is the "average collector"? I think everyone pretty much has different tastes in what they collect and what they are willing to pay so unless you know of some mass group of people that all collect the same exact way, it would be pretty difficult to list based on the "average collector".

(07-28-2011, 03:24 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: 4. BOOK VALUE IS ANOTHER ISSUE if not the biggest! Just because an item books for something doesnt mean someone is going to pay you that much for it. At best if a card books for $25 dont expect more than $10 for it if that. Certain cards yeah i understand people will pay top dollar for but than again not everyone is named Albert Pujols. Trading on the other hand all trades unless posted by someone stating they will trade in your favor QUIT TRYING TO RIP EACH OTHER OFF. If your card books for $50 i will trade $50 in trade back.

If you don't like his price, DON'T BUY IT. But don't act like he is insane for wanting to sell it for BV, especially if it is a hot player. (Like Harper) And there are other things besides BV that I personally would take into consideration as well when trading. For instance, I would not trade a $50 auto for a $50 insert. I would likely not trade a $50 auto for 10 $5 cards- even autos. It sounds almost like you are angry because someone had something you wanted, and you feel that you should get it because you could come up with cards that had the same book value.

I would tell you right off, I have cards that are worth more to me than their book value. And while they may be for trade, they would not be traded for BV straight up.

(07-29-2011, 03:10 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: If you don't like his price, DON'T BUY IT. But don't act like he is insane for wanting to sell it for BV, especially if it is a hot player. (Like Harper) And there are other things besides BV that I personally would take into consideration as well when trading. For instance, I would not trade a $50 auto for a $50 insert. I would likely not trade a $50 auto for 10 $5 cards- even autos. It sounds almost like you are angry because someone had something you wanted, and you feel that you should get it because you could come up with cards that had the same book value.

I would tell you right off, I have cards that are worth more to me than their book value. And while they may be for trade, they would not be traded for BV straight up.
First off before you comment on the post know the entire story!!! He never said anything about money to start with just as i stated!!! Second im sorry you dont tell someone just to give you $10 for a $12 card you ask them... Your reply to what was said is another reason i wrote what i wrote.

As far as your trade ethics go $50 insert for a $50 dollar auto and visversa if you summitted the trade for the $50 insert than expect people to want your $50 auto and in a nut shell that all an Auto really is just an insert. If you havent realized the companys are doing away with your everyday insert that use to exsist 10-15 years ago. Everything now is an auto or game-used card. Thats why half of them are only worth $10-$15 a piece...
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(07-28-2011, 08:30 PM)dandsbeck1 Wrote: Why does Beckett (or any value guide for that matter) list a Beckett High and Beckett Low value if no one is ever willing to pay anything remotely close for it? It would be better to list what the average collector would pay rather than some inflated figure that makes your collection LOOK valuable.
Not true at all. I have seen plenty of cards on ebay sell close to hi bv in the past couple weeeks. Most of them were rookie cards from the early-mid 80s that looked in awesome condition in the scan!

so let me break down the deal i told him t check me for 3 cars they were 3 base cards from bowman plat so they did not have a bv but with them being base i guessed 3 dollers 1 doller a piece he countered with the harper 12 bv for the 3 cards. i said if u want to add 10 dollers we will have a deal cause the 3 cards u are offering are only worth 3 to harpers 12. he then countered with the 12 bv harper and a 1.25 britton for the 3 cards and a 3 bv ortiz so it was still and 7 bv dif. i then said if u want to add 7 dollers cash we have a deal he said he would never even pay 7 dollers for just the harper told me i was worst then a lcs and canceld the trade. now i am not sure how that is the case as any lcs i know would charge at least 10 for a card that bvs at 12 but whatever. the only reason i did not say from the beggining that i wanted cash was cause at the beggining i was not planning to sell however when we couldnt come 2 a deal with cards i suggested the cash. so if you gonna try to make it sound like i am the bad guy in this deal please tell the full real story which is what i just did and i am pretty sure based on this story people will not think i was a bad guy or a crook
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(07-29-2011, 04:33 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: First off before you comment on the post know the entire story!!!
We only know as much as you tell us......

(07-29-2011, 04:33 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: As far as your trade ethics go $50 insert for a $50 dollar auto and visversa if you summitted the trade for the $50 insert than expect people to want your $50 auto

You can request whatever you want. But the bottom line is it is the other person's card, they can trade or not trade as they see fit. Your post comes across like you are entitled to it because you can come up with an equal value.

I never said you were a bad guy or a crook. I just don't see why people take it so personally if another person doesn't want to trade. It's his card- if you don't like his price, don't trade/buy it. I just don't know why it needs to turn into a public service announcement on trader ethics. People cancel trades with me from time to time. If you are asking too much, I just don't do it. No harm, no foul. Your card is worth more to you than it is to me. I can understand that.