`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Figure this one out

Figure this one out
I have 2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps #28 Eddie Murray depicting his 1979 card. I also have 2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps #87 Eddie Murray, also depicting his 1979 card. I have a 2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps Original Back Eddie Murray depicting his 1979 card. Which Original Back do I have?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Figure this one out
pics would help.

The better question is this: With all the cards in the 1979 set, why did they use the exact same card twice?

They used two different card for every year from 52 to 78 and then from 80 to 2010. It just makes no sense to me.

To answer your question though, I collected the entire 60 Years set and am now working on getting all the OB reprints myself. I just used a double that I had pulled from Series One for the Eddie Murray card.

I'm not sure if there's technically any "difference".
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

(07-27-2011, 09:54 PM)dkotart Wrote: pics would help.
Scanner is temporarily disabled. I don't think pics will help on this one. The regular card fronts are identical but backs have different write ups and numbers. The Original Backs are going to be identical.

(07-28-2011, 12:21 AM)TheLastDude Wrote: The better question is this: With all the cards in the 1979 set, why did they use the exact same card twice?

They used two different card for every year from 52 to 78 and then from 80 to 2010. It just makes no sense to me.

I'm not sure if there's technically any "difference".
RE: The Original Backs - Topps has issued the exact same card as two different numbers and not put the numbers on the cards. What's the point?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html