`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Trading? what a joke!

RE: Trading? what a joke!
(07-28-2011, 04:38 PM)iamralpho Wrote: I just think this site is slowly dying since the change over and the new pricing.

I traded more than anyone before and now I can get maybe 1-2 trades a month now.

Another site puts an organize in, I might totally jump ship. Half of the people "on" here arent even active anymore.
I trade on a buch of different sites just because I am very particular about what cards I want. I will continue to do so, but I still rate this site as one of the best ones.
The grass is not always greener on the other side.

(07-27-2011, 07:16 PM)radarblip Wrote: About half the threads now are SALE threads and mostly from people who don't know that you have items for SALE but you want to SELL them.

Its time for Quasi-Sellers to either have their own Forum. join the Marketplace or take their items to ebay and let the rest of us try to find some Traders again....
Agreed!

(07-28-2011, 04:38 PM)iamralpho Wrote: I just think this site is slowly dying since the change over and the new pricing.
To go along with the fact that it's just about August and it's still not fully done. The worst part, in my opinion, is that NOBODY from Beckett has come on for any kind of an update in a long time. Blowing off the customer base is never a good thing.

(07-28-2011, 05:02 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: To go along with the fact that it's just about August and it's still not fully done. The worst part, in my opinion, is that NOBODY from Beckett has come on for any kind of an update in a long time. Blowing off the customer base is never a good thing.
+1 You would think that even if what they have to say is not what we want to hear, that it would still let us know what kind of time table that we are looking at until things get back to whatever normal this site used to be.

When I think about this situation, I have a gut feeling that things could be a lot better on this site if certain big wigs really wanted them to be.

I can only speak for myself but I don't think the system is working as designed. My organize is becomming a bigger mess every day and I'm really not doing anything inside there unless I have to.

Seldom can I make a complete trade anymore even when its just 2 items.

Lol, as far as Beckett caring,,,,,,,They never have,,,as long as the money keeps comming, you are on your own. Remember nothing happened before until most everyone stopped paying for the OPG.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

Geez, I'm gone for a day and Mel creates a ruckus Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Lol, Jason,,,,still looking for those Kelloggs cards but I do have a stack of stuff for you...Mel

(07-28-2011, 05:44 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Geez, I'm gone for a day and Mel creates a ruckus Smile
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

(07-28-2011, 05:55 PM)radarblip Wrote: Lol, Jason,,,,still looking for those Kelloggs cards but I do have a stack of stuff for you...Mel
Whatever is clever my friend.

Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(07-28-2011, 05:02 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: To go along with the fact that it's just about August and it's still not fully done. The worst part, in my opinion, is that NOBODY from Beckett has come on for any kind of an update in a long time. Blowing off the customer base is never a good thing.

YUP! Where is that matchmaker tool?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

they wanted to get the trade function fixed so they could start charging for the organize ...now the trade is up and running and people have to pay or it they will take forever to have all the extra features up and running...it dsn't affect them making money so they dnt care