`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Trading? what a joke!

Trading? what a joke!
About half the threads now are SALE threads and mostly from people who don't know that you have items for SALE but you want to SELL them.

Its time for Quasi-Sellers to either have their own Forum. join the Marketplace or take their items to ebay and let the rest of us try to find some Traders again....
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

RE: Trading? what a joke!
not the members fault. until beckett gets their selling module up and running, it's fair game

(07-27-2011, 07:16 PM)radarblip Wrote: About half the threads now are SALE threads and mostly from people who don't know that you have items for SALE but you want to SELL them.

Its time for Quasi-Sellers to either have their own Forum. join the Marketplace or take their items to ebay and let the rest of us try to find some Traders again....
I like the ones that get annoyed if you ask them how much they want for a card. I mean, how dare someone ask a seller how much they are selling something for!

In any event, since I'm slowly coming along, I'm going to open a trade with you for the Nomar cards I would like a shot at. Take a look at what I have so far in there and I'll update you when more is put in. We can keep this trade open forever if you want! [Image: old_man_smiley.gif]

The last time someone complained about the sellers on here, they would all gang up on the poor guy and call him retarded among other things. Hope it doesnt get that ugly again.

Im with you mel, give the sellers a forum. Arent the going to need someplace to advertise the items in their organize? No, they will just continue to clog our trade boards with their sale threads even AFTER organize is updated to sell, I promise you that. And who could blame them? Where else are they supposed to post.

By this time Beckett will be due for a new site.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

Mel....i cannot agree with you more...i've bought some cards off people on here who are reputable guys that i've dealt with before...but i'm soooooooo tired of seeing these stupid friggin threads about how this dude discovered all these cards after his dad passed away or his brother moved to indonesia and he wants to sell them REAL CHEAP ....so for his 87 topps bonds that's a BGS 9 !!! he'll take 80 bucks...plz beckett, plz , plz, plz, make two new forums...one for the established members that are trying to sell their cards (no matter how stupid their reasons are)...and one for the new guys who "discovered a huge lot of superstar rcs like clemens and bonds and sosa and big bird " that they are unloading for " REAL CHEAP".............Ugghhh I HATE IT

VERY solid rant John, there needs to be a thank post button here.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

I agree and disagree. I am the first to tell a guy who joined yesterday to hit the road. However, some of us are trying to make a little and give the Beckett community first dibs on things they may want. I am one of those. I am also trying to continue my trade habits as well.

I do agree though a sell forum would be awesome. Its good for all. For one, guys who are there are guys you know are looking to buy usually. 2. It keep the trade board less packed and keeps others like Mel here happier he doesn't have to deal with all these posts taking up the front page all day.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(07-27-2011, 08:02 PM)toddaray Wrote: VERY solid rant John, there needs to be a thank post button here.
thanks pal....almost fell over typing that one Smile

There IS a forum on here for website suggestions ect. for topics such as this thread -

http://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-66.html

On a similar note, I just submitted a trade offer and noticed a button that says "Add Cash" next to the one that says "Add Items" (or whatever it says). Is the cash one brand new or did I just not notice it was there since I started trading again in the past month?