`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the official National Convention thread!

the official National Convention thread!
hey guys, I wanted to start a thread for conversation about the national. I am getting really excited for it and I wanted to hear, for those of you going, what your thoughts are for this years. And for those of you not attending, feel free to vent about it here as well.

Im curious to know,
-what will you guys be looking for this year card/auto/wax wise
-how many days you will be attending
-any other thoughts/comments you might have
-how many times have you attended the national in the past
i will start: I am going for my second year, the last time was when it was also in chicago. I will be looking for cheap bargain bin cards of the players I collect (samardzija, Nomar Garciaparra, Dan Haren, Starlin Castro) and picking up so more vintage Roger Maris cards for my PC. I also plan on doing a couple wrapper redemptions and look into buying a box of 2010 topps chrome. I also will consider standing in line for a auto of kerry wood and/or starlin castro, as they both will be there. But for the most part, I will be going through the cheap bargain bins for low end GU and base/inserts of my PC guys. If I do see a nice high end card I like I might try and haggle with the dealer to get it for a price I wont lose sleep over.

How about the rest of you?
[Image: Ppgoq.jpg]

Jeff Samardzija Supercollector!

Autos: 64
1/1s: 106
total unique cards: 958

Also collecting Nomar Garciaparra, Dan Haren, Manny Ramirez, Roger Maris and Kerry Wood

RE: the official National Convention thread!
I've never been to a card show whatsoever. Hopefully I can take my boy one of these years. Hope you find what you are looking for.

I'm going on Friday and this is my first time. Instead of waiting in line for an autograph, I pre-ordered (with post delivery) an autographed Stan Bahnsen ball with 1968 R.O.Y. on it to add to my new NY Yankees autographed baseball collection. Next year I plan on getting the Super VIP All-Access pass when the show comes to Baltimore and greatly add to my collection with the 18+2 autographs included.

I haven't really decided what I am going to be buying. I have set myself a cash limit that I will be taking to the show and will not use credit cards. I am torn between buying hobby boxes for my son, Yankees memorabilia, or Yankees baseball cards. I guess when I get there and see the layout of the land and what dealers have, my mind may be made up more. I also hope to trade my extra Chris Archer (Chicago Cubs) 2010 Bowman Platinum autograph refractor there for either a Yankee autographed card or another player from the same set.

I can't go....I don't get paid in Trident Layers Sad

This will be my first national, hoping to get to the autograph tables at some point (yes, i know they cost money "/)
but i will be looking for starlin castro, andrew mccutchen, and some good deals on hobby boxes. im also hoping to try and trade away some of my cards for ones that catch my eye there...
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

how easy/common is it to trade? I didnt even think about trading at the last national, but maybe I should bring some of my higher end cards to trade if its a common thing..hmm interesting

also, fulltritty, archer was traded to tampa bay in the garza deal, so it might be slightly tougher to deal it then you hope, but hes still a top 50 prospect so im sure you'll get something good for it!

Also collecting Nomar Garciaparra, Dan Haren, Manny Ramirez, Roger Maris and Kerry Wood

Wednesday through Saturday; see what of my friends made the show. Maybe pick up a few small items. Have fun.

29th National in a row for me -- been to them all since 1983 (couple have been close calls)

Rich

What had always been exciting is to visit the Upperdeck, Topps and Other card manufacturers and get some of their freebees. From the past Nationals, UD gave out some nice things...like chances for an autograph cards through their packs giveaways.

Also like to get my cards graded ... graded and slabbed on the same day.

Looking for cheap wax from the 1990s (basketball)!
Upperdeck Diamond Club member
Member of Beckett's board since 2003
[Image: 8cfcaeb5.jpg]

I am going Friday and Saturday, a friend of mine hooked me up with a dealers pass, so i get to head in before they open! Basically looking for good deals on Vintage and Cleveland Items.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

sounds awesome guys!