`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sports Movies: Which are your favorites?

Sports Movies: Which are your favorites?
We'll be taking a look at sports movies -- cards, memorabilia and more from where Hollywood and sports collide -- for in an upcoming issue of Beckett Sports Card Monthly.

We want to know a few things from you on the topic. Check out this story as well as the questions at the end -- and leave your answers in a comment!

http://www.beckett.com/news/2011/07/comi...morabilia/
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

RE: Sports Movies: Which are your favorites?
I'm not exactly sure why this was posted in the racing forum. We only have a few movies to even consider. Of course the list would include 'Days of Thunder', '...Talladega Nights' and 'Cars' (1 & 2). Those are in no particular order personally. Anyone else have something to add to the list? I am leaving out the Dale Sr. movie, but only b/c I consider it more of a documentary.
To me 'Talladega Nights' was a great racing movie--absolutely hilarious. The 'Fast and Furious' series is good, but not racing like in the NASCAR series'. Anyone else wanna reply?

According to me Days of Thunder was the best movie. I have seen many other but one pleased me as much as this movie did.

he posted here to give us a chance to be part of the sports card monthly. They do now want us being ignored so he comes here to make sure we see it.

There are actually quite a few racing movies but they are spread out over the years and none have become the classics like other sports movies have. Mainly because the popular ones tend to be parodys instead of real movies.

I have a bunch of favorites so I need to go answer. One is greased lighnting which was the wendell scott story. ALso last american hero was based on an article written by Tom Wolfe [it was about junior johnson]

heart like a wheel was a really good drag racing move that featured a young anthony edwards

The list goes on but I need to go check out the main thread. Thanks Chris
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

(07-29-2011, 06:06 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: he posted here to give us a chance to be part of the sports card monthly. They do now want us being ignored so he comes here to make sure we see it.
There are actually quite a few racing movies but they are spread out over the years and none have become the classics like other sports movies have. Mainly because the popular ones tend to be parodys instead of real movies.
I have a bunch of favorites so I need to go answer. One is greased lighnting which was the wendell scott story. ALso last american hero was based on an article written by Tom Wolfe [it was about junior johnson]
heart like a wheel was a really good drag racing move that featured a young anthony edwards
The list goes on but I need to go check out the main thread. Thanks Chris
See, you just have wayyyyy too much racing info/knowledge. Smile I am kidding, the semi-sarcasm of my post doesn't really come through well in print. Wink
I would love to see your list of racing movies. I haven't seen ANY of the movies in your post. I remember seeing a few B-movies based on racing that were made in the late 60's and early 70's, but they weren't about NASCAR or INDY or Formula 1, etc. I think there was one or two about Grand Prix-style racing. They were all cool movies though and I really wish I could remember some titles. PLZ send me the list as well and I will check them out OR just post a link to the 'main thread' after you post there.

I used to have a list of these as I was trying to buy them all I will add here as I find them

Greased Lightning - Wendell Scott story
Last American Hero- Junior Johnson story
Heart Like a Wheel - Shirley Muldowney story

Stroker ace - based on the book but would have been better if it stuck to the book
Days of thunder - fiction but some of the characters were based on real people events

3 - Dale Earnhardt story

Gran Prix -starring James Garner
Le mans

Six Pack - more late model but he does go cup at the end unrealistic but a great family movie Stars Kenny Rogers

Driven - Sylvester stallone . This movie is better than people give it credit for. Stallone should not have starred in it and there needed to be less special fx and ore back story but I enjoy it

Speedway - stars elvis movie ok great racing foootage in it

Talladege Nights - Good movie but a taddddd over the top.

Le Mans

There is an alan kulwicki movie I havent seen

The movie senna is due out this year

And petty has a couple of movies
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]