`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cowboys cleaning house and my son and I are quite sad! Marion Barber and Roy Williams

RE: Cowboys cleaning house and my son and I are quite sad! Marion Barber and Roy Williams
(07-26-2011, 06:11 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: Don't feel too bad. I lost Hasselbeck today and gained Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart.
Ouch!!!
I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html

RE: Cowboys cleaning house and my son and I are quite sad! Marion Barber and Roy Williams
Who cares about this??? It's the cowboys! Ahhhhahahahaa Big Grin

(07-26-2011, 06:13 PM)biglump007 Wrote: According to the article I read the only one they told the he was being cut was Williams and it said he was owed 5 million on his contract and that he would cost 9.5 towards the cap not that they payed him 9.5.
That makes a lot more sense to me.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(07-26-2011, 05:30 PM)shigfrag Wrote: So wait, jncdrew... are you implying that Jones intentionally did not draft Longhorns or something?
Well for one thing, it is FACT that the Cowboys have only drafted ONE Longhorn in history(Wayne McGarity=bust)1997 or something. Ironically, Tom Landry was their coach for 29 years and he was a running back at you guessed it, Texas Longhorns. In those 29 years I still cannot believe not one UT pllayer was ever drafted. But on to Jerry Jones, his alma mater is Arkansas Razorbacks, longtime SWC Texas rival, long before the BCS days. They hate Texas and we hate them as much as OU. That is just the way it is down here and it will never change. I know JJ will probably never draft another Longhorn, I mean in 2009, did they really have to go after McGee? With all the QB's coming out in 2010, he could have waited and the way it unfolded, he could have landed Colt McCoy. I just know based on history, he doesnt like Texas.
(07-26-2011, 05:33 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Actually Cutting Roy cost the Cowboys more money. Instead of paying him 5 mill they now have to give him 9.5 mill
No kidding, they should have at least let him play out that monster contract, get their moneys worth and have a veteran in the 1,2,3 WR rotation. He isnt TO, running his mouth and causing problems, EVERY time he talks. Very dumb move.
(07-26-2011, 05:33 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Actually Cutting Roy cost the Cowboys more money. Instead of paying him 5 mill they now have to give him 9.5 mill
No kidding, they should have at least let him play out that monster contract, get their moneys worth and have a veteran in the 1,2,3 WR rotation. He isnt TO, running his mouth and causing problems, EVERY time he talks. Very dumb move. AND it costs against the cap in 2012 as well.
(07-26-2011, 05:41 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: It must help with cap space or something though because otherwise they wouldn't have done it.
It helps this year, but counts against it next year and even more than it would have this year. I am very surpised at this move, Jerry is supposed to be a better business man than this.
(07-26-2011, 06:11 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: Don't feel too bad. I lost Hasselbeck today and gained Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart.
O M G!!!!, that is horrible! That USC crap aint gonna fly in the NFL and Leinart sucks. Not just as an QB, his sportsmanship is piss poor as well. I feel for you there man, cheese and rice. I would be giving it to Lynch EVERY play!
(07-26-2011, 06:18 PM)gangstippie Wrote: Who cares about this??? It's the cowboys! Ahhhhahahahaa Big Grin
hahahahaha, it is nice when your team just won the SB! We are coming for them and anyone else that gets in the way! But have to say, Aaron Rodgers is a bad man, he will pick you apart at will. They are the only team i am worried about in the NFC, and it is gonna come down to Home field advantage.
(07-26-2011, 06:13 PM)biglump007 Wrote: According to the article I read the only one they told the he was being cut was Williams and it said he was owed 5 million on his contract and that he would cost 9.5 towards the cap not that they payed him 9.5.
They are gone brother, Barber, Williams, Big Leonard Davis, Kris Brown PK, and supposedly Columbo. They cant announce it uintil tomorrow, but JJ has met with these guys and told them dont bother packing for San Antonio for training camp. The news had them jacked up in their cars at Valley ranch. Its done my friend. I will miss Barber the most. He is no Emmitt by no means, I just loved and respected him as a player and a person. I wish he could have gotten a ring with them and retired with them. It is funny cause most players they cut i ususally feel like, good riddance! I just dont like this move at all! Nature of the NFL beast!
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(07-26-2011, 05:28 PM)jncdrew Wrote: That is just wrong sir! lol! Smile
I noticed you didn't say it wasn't true lol

Umm, I'm part of the Who Dat Nation. Packers are cool though, at least they're winners! Big Grin

Jdrew it does cost them next year but it's costing them a hell of a lot less then it would if they didn't cut them.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

You forgot to mention your team put their name in the hat for winning the Andrew Luck lottery!
[Image: Sports_guy21_Beckett-Banner.png]

(07-26-2011, 06:20 PM)jncdrew Wrote: Well for one thing, it is FACT that the Cowboys have only drafted ONE Longhorn in history(Wayne McGarity=bust)1997 or something. Ironically, Tom Landry was their coach for 29 years and he was a running back at you guessed it, Texas Longhorns. In those 29 years I still cannot believe not one UT pllayer was ever drafted. But on to Jerry Jones, his alma mater is Arkansas Razorbacks, longtime SWC Texas rival, long before the BCS days. They hate Texas and we hate them as much as OU. That is just the way it is down here and it will never change. I know JJ will probably never draft another Longhorn, I mean in 2009, did they really have to go after McGee? With all the QB's coming out in 2010, he could have waited and the way it unfolded, he could have landed Colt McCoy. I just know based on history, he doesnt like Texas.

Woo Pig Soiee Angel
[Image: Razorback2.jpg]

Collecting Arkansas Razorbacks, Currently focused on Ryan Mallett and DJ Williams

(07-26-2011, 09:34 PM)ironman71635 Wrote: Woo Pig Soiee Angel
You know what i am talking about, nothing has changed since the old SWC days~! Hook 'em Horns!
(07-26-2011, 07:42 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I noticed you didn't say it wasn't true lol
I believe Romo will take us to the peomised lamd but i have been very let down by him and reminded of Danny White several times, so it is hard to argue.
(07-26-2011, 08:25 PM)gangstippie Wrote: Umm, I'm part of the Who Dat Nation. Packers are cool though, at least they're winners! Big Grin
I thought you were part of Packer nation. You avatar looks just like an old Packer at a glance for some reason.
(07-26-2011, 08:41 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: Jdrew it does cost them next year but it's costing them a hell of a lot less then it would if they didn't cut them.
On Barber or Williams? They were both bad decisions imo, but it doesnt change anything. i will give up all this for some DB and Safety help, then it is Super Bowl time! Smile
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]