`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about org and collections

question about org and collections
hey so i noticed there are to dif vaule when u look at your collections there is total collection vaule and total beckett vaule i am just wondering what the dif are between the two and which one you should go buy
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

RE: question about org and collections
(07-24-2011, 10:52 PM)rascrush Wrote: hey so i noticed there are to dif vaule when u look at your collections there is total collection vaule and total beckett vaule i am just wondering what the dif are between the two and which one you should go buy
If you have older cards it will have conditional pricing (top price) and the lower price is for Nr Mt. If for example the card is Nr Mt then the higher price will change to reflect the value. It also applies to newer cards that might not be mint & will change according to condition.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

so say if i wanted to see how much the collection was worth so i could have a idea of how much to sell it for which one would u look at

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(07-25-2011, 12:11 AM)rascrush Wrote: so say if i wanted to see how much the collection was worth so i could have a idea of how much to sell it for which one would u look at
If you adjust for the condition of the card(s) the top one will give you a more accurate BV but that's typically not the expected selling price value. I usually look at ebays completed auctions to get a better idea what a card will sell for. It's rare to get BV when selling unless the card is like last years Strasburg before getting injured. If you plan to sell do a little research before listing & also see how many of the same cards are listed. When i listed an old Mantle card a few years back the highest bid was about 20% of BV. As the saying goes, it will sell for what someone is willing to pay.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

so if i dont switch it then the beckett one would be best to go buy i was planning on prob just selling the lot if no one wanted to trade for any

You would really need to input the condition of each card and use the top one as a basis. Vintage card values are so condition-sensitive that the Beckett value listed before you adjust for condition is really pretty useless. And if you plan on selling cards as a lot, you will generally get a fraction of BV.

how do u judge what is mint what is ex so on so forth so i can have a better idea of hwo to rate the cards