`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready to buy Topps Triple Threads....need help

RE: Ready to buy Topps Triple Threads....need help
(07-22-2011, 10:12 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Yep, what he said.

Or you could drop the $150 on a box of TTT and get a jersey card /27 and an auto of Marcus Easley. How's that sound?
I've never busted anything close to this high end. And so that's probably what I'd get, haha.

I'm like everyone else in that I enjoy busting wax more than buying a nice card or 2 becuase of the thrill of the unknown.

Maybe I'll skip over to Ultimate and try a mini box and then go for a bigger box if it's nice. That way I don't spend too much and can still get something nice if the auto in the mini box isn't what I want.

(07-22-2011, 10:14 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I've never busted anything close to this high end. And so that's probably what I'd get, haha.

I'm like everyone else in that I enjoy busting wax more than buying a nice card or 2 becuase of the thrill of the unknown.

Maybe I'll skip over to Ultimate and try a mini box and then go for a bigger box if it's nice. That way I don't spend too much and can still get something nice if the auto in the mini box isn't what I want.
I like busting too, but in the end you have to know you're probably not going to get what you're looking for. Just threw down $150 on a box of PP Legends and my best hit sells for $20. Uhhh, fail.

If you can accept the hit of a big loss with TTT, then go for it. In my experience, you either kill it or it takes you out back to the shed, there is no in between.

I'll cross my fingers you get the Bradford /3. Smile
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Buy the one you want. Guaranteed 100% you are gonna pull what you want! Smile You probably could get 2 possibly 3 at auction for the same money you will spend on a box. Good luck, I think those cards are awesome, especially the ones with nice clr breaks! Smile
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I bought baseball one year, I think it was 06 or 07. I pulled a sweet booklet of Maris, Mantle, Williams, Clemente, Speaker and someone DiMaggio.

I have bought several boxes of it since and never anything remotely close. I have gotten good value, my last box of football was a sweet Ryan auto and Marino piece but nothing incredible. Its a nice product but I think it's one you have to spend some big money on it to get your money's worth. All of the other boxes I cracked were really weak, I mean really weak so now I try to stay away from it unless the LCS is dumping it for a cheap price.

None the less the cards are pretty cool and you may like what you get whether its a big hit or not. Go with your gut. If you want to try a box, you should.
I collect Mickey Mantle, Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Jackie Robinson, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, and Michael Jordan.