`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Clarification

RE: Need Clarification
still id consider the gale sayers high end because he doesnt sign much and that set was very rare from what i remember
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Sayers signs ton just saying.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

he does i havent seen many of his autos out there

This is very interesting as all of those cards book value is the same $100 except for the Sayers (BV $60). I'm thinking that there is definitely no clear answer to this Clarification question.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

(07-22-2011, 01:58 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: This is very interesting as all of those cards book value is the same $100 except for the Sayers (BV $60). I'm thinking that there is definitely no clear answer to this Clarification question.
Once again, it's based on individual collectors. I agree with pbean and some others that say $100 BV is high end. So in my eyes, those are all high end if the BV is $100+ (even the Sayers because he's HOF, so to me that's included, especially with the PTT autos that are highly collected).

Here's my stance on why I think $100 BV is high end: the percentage of cards in this hobby that fall below that mark is much greater than the percentage that are above it.

Really, you aren't going to find more than autos and a few rare game used that book above $100. There are thousands of base/inserts/jerseys/patches and even patch/autos that are far below that $100 BV level.

That doesn't mean I don't think my $250 BV cards aren't any more special than my $100 BV cards... I just set a semi-arbitrary limit for my "high end" and $100 was it.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-22-2011, 11:38 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I consider highend starting a $400. Midend $200-$399 and low end $50-$199. Thats just me though. As for product, if you have an $80 NT auto vs. a $300 topps chrome auto, it would make no sense to consider the NT auto highend and not the topps chrome auto when the TC auto is worth 4X as much.
Interesting topic. So according to this definition a "high-end" end card would be fluid. A low end card could become a high end card overnight due to a trade or a player accomplishment Or a high end could drop to the mid end or low end category. I was thinking about this and how I should collect.
[Image: Kolb4.jpg]

I will say this much. For all those out there that feel that Press Pass autos are a low end product, start giving me a better deal when I trade for them !!!!

Big Grin
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

i even consider $80+ bv is high end because there are some nice cards that book $80 quite a few stafford autos and his cards are with out a doubt in my mind highend but some others may think different

(07-22-2011, 02:16 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Once again, it's based on individual collectors. I agree with pbean and some others that say $100 BV is high end. So in my eyes, those are all high end if the BV is $100+ (even the Sayers because he's HOF, so to me that's included, especially with the PTT autos that are highly collected).

Here's my stance on why I think $100 BV is high end: the percentage of cards in this hobby that fall below that mark is much greater than the percentage that are above it.

Really, you aren't going to find more than autos and a few rare game used that book above $100. There are thousands of base/inserts/jerseys/patches and even patch/autos that are far below that $100 BV level.

That doesn't mean I don't think my $250 BV cards aren't any more special than my $100 BV cards... I just set a semi-arbitrary limit for my "high end" and $100 was it.
I think I am going to adjust my thinking to something similar to your post. I like this thought process.
(07-22-2011, 02:44 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: i even consider $80+ bv is high end because there are some nice cards that book $80 quite a few stafford autos and his cards are with out a doubt in my mind highend but some others may think different
I think there are fringe "high end" values for star players. Not sure Stafford is a high end as yet, but he is well on his way barring injury.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

I think the "high end" title has a certain prestige to it. I feel $400 b/v starts to enter a threshold that only certain cards can reach.

For example:

2000 Contenders Brady
1998 sp authentic Peyton
2001 sp authentic Vick
highly graded vintage rcs
etc.

I guess a simpler way to think of it is I consider high end cards to be those that I cant afford or would have to save up cash over a period of time to get.

Also there are a lot of people referring to the player. That has no role in it. A $120 Peyton Manning auto is a low end auto. Just because its Peyton doesn't mean its magically becomes high end. I could live with $300 b/v being consider high end but nothing lower.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341