`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color me confused...

Color me confused...
I used to be pretty active on the old Beckett boards, but got out of the hobby. After looking around the new forums yesterday, I was pretty interested in how the new Organize system works, so I started uploading a bunch of cards and adding notes. It's a bit time consuming, but useful.

This morning, I opened the site back up to add more, and now I can't access my Organize without paying for it. Really? I can understand letting people know from the start that there's a fee, but I never knew there would be a fee involved as I spent a few hours working with it yesterday.

It seems like amazingly disingenuous way to get people to subscribe, and brought my interest in Beckett to a screeching halt. Whoever thought this was a good idea for a business model isn't terribly bright.

Granted, $20 a year isn't an exorbitent fee, but having been a member of this site when prices and collection databases were free, letting me in to the Organize feature only to spring a fee the next day feels like a bait and switch.

Meh.
[Image: wallstick.jpg]

RE: Color me confused...
Welcome to the wonderful world of Beckett.

If my memory serves me right, it should still be free/accessible if you kept it under 100 cards... Did you place more than that?

I added about 60 cards yesterday, but I think it imported cards that I used to have in my old Beckett collection database.

I don't know, had I known about the $20/year fee I'd have signed up, but finding out by blocking my access makes me spiteful enough to just ditch the whole thing.
[Image: wallstick.jpg]

if its under 100 cards then it is free.. contact a mod and see if they can fix it out
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

There a sticky that says read here first- once you're locked out I cant help you-sorry. You could get player pricing, sport pricing ,or the yearly 19.95 for org
http://www.beckett.com/forums/announcement-10.html
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)