`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homemade diamond embedded...

RE: Homemade diamond embedded...
I honestly don't see any issues legally. I am not a patent attorney, just a run of the mill attorney, but I don't think there are any problems. The card is altered. It would be to me much like trimming it, but without the fraud.

(07-21-2011, 05:47 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-TOPPS-DEREK-JET...073wt_1037

Look what some guy did? He put a diamond (real or fake idk) onto a Jeter commemmorative patch...
and yet worst, he did that to all his comm. patch card he has

(07-22-2011, 02:00 PM)scorpion1157 Wrote: and yet worst, he did that to all his comm. patch card he has
even worse, is people are bidding on them...

[Image: philliesguy2.png]
i collect phillies autographs.
i also collect robert andino & carmelo anthony.

(07-22-2011, 06:03 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I wonder....
Any Copywrite issues here??
Infringement on Topps brand??
Jeter name value to card without permission??

I wonder is any lawyers here can elaborate?
Since the seller notes that the card is altered there isn't any legal issues. If he had made a copy of the card & sells them, then it's a different story.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(07-22-2011, 02:00 PM)scorpion1157 Wrote: and yet worst, he did that to all his comm. patch card he has
Lol even on a Babe Ruth patch card from 2009! He must have wanted to give Topps a little more credit since they didn't put on a hoop-la for their 58th anniversary.