`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Goodwin card (scan) and a small rant

My first Goodwin card (scan) and a small rant
Just got my first Goodwin card, and am pretty happy with it. Given that it's dark green (pine) I'm still wondering where these pieces came from. It's NFT for the moment.

[Image: escanear0169.jpg]

Am also expecting single GU cards of Magic Johnson and Dennis Rodman any day now.

I'm liking the design of the cards a lot, but I'm finding the thought behind the Goodwin set a bit strange... I collect basketball only - and only a few players to narrow it down even further - so for me there's absolutely no interest in buying a box or packs even.

Even if you're a hockey, baseball and basketball collector all in one, as I know some of you are, still over half of what you pull is outside of your interests.

What am I going to do with some ice skater's piece of memorabilia? No disrespect to them, I know they're top-level athletes, but it's not my thing. What am I expected to do with a Victoria waterfalls box topper? Using it as a coaster or faking your holidays is as far as I got...

Another thing that's bugging me is the 'M' or 'DM' lettering on the memorabilia cards. Besides the fact it took me a long while to realize it stands for 'Memorabilia' and 'Dual Memorabilia', it really makes no sense to emphasize the card's characteristics in initials. Especially if it's also already spelled out in full on the card (on the card above between the two swatches).

Perhaps a fan of these boxes can shed some light on this..?

Anyway, that's my rant. . Back to work.

RE: My first Goodwin card (scan) and a small rant
it could be from back when he played at st vincent st mary in high school that gold and green jersey the green is kinda the same color tone as what u have in the card thats the best i can think of anyways
[Image: 864_bucs-josh-freeman-42709-1.jpg]

It may be HS jsy or a St. Patricks day uniform. This is one of the better looking Goodwin cards I have seen.

I am not much of a fan of these goodwin cards either. Topps is doing the same kind of stuff in the Allen and Ginter. What am I going to do with a card commemorating the invention of a microwave or whatever they put randomly on the card. UD has done this with Piece of History Baseball and that World of Sports stuff.

I even hated the alma mater set in the 09-10 Draft Edition, my blaster hit on that stuff one time was a Tom Beasley numbered card. If you don't know who that is, it is Richie's father from the show Happy Days.

Remember the celebrity memoribilia you can get in some older UD products, those were kind of cool. I still have a couple of Superman cape pieces from one of the movies. I thought that was cool.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

I think these kind of products are more geared toward the set builders, and the history of the set. Back in late 1800's it was cool to get some of these cards, but in today's market it doesn't have any relevance.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

I think that was the shirt he wore during "The Decision" in the card's picture. The artwork is probably a portrait from footage of that ESPN special.

Did anyone else notice that or I am just proabably the biggest nerd on the planet???
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....

the shirt in the artwork is what he wore in the announcement of The Decision, although he may have worn the shirt in other occassions as well, lol.

the swatch is indeed perhaps of his St. Vincent – St. Mary High shirt, it's definitely not bright green enough for St. Pat's

Did they wear green for "Green Week"?

Can anyone show me a peice of green LeBron Jersey from any other set. I have seen the green floor peices from the highschool gym floor, but I haven't seen jersey. Until, maybe now.

I think there is more to this than it just being LeBron's HS jersey.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....

(07-22-2011, 12:58 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Can anyone show me a peice of green LeBron Jersey from any other set. I have seen the green floor peices from the highschool gym floor, but I haven't seen jersey. Until, maybe now.

I think there is more to this than it just being LeBron's HS jersey.
Here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/LEBRON-JAMES-03-04-U...4aa146c801
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]