Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you Organize?

RE: How do you Organize?
I know this has been brought up before..but For physical organization:

All my cards for trade and the stars for sale are in boxes by player and year
[Image: 004.jpg]
[Image: 057.jpg]
The boxes are Container Store sliding drawers that fit top loaded cards (about 50-70)
[Image: 001.jpg][Image: 002.jpg]
The rest or the $$ cards and GU etc that are of minor stars are in Monster or TRI Shoe boxes by year and manufacturer
[Image: 062.jpg]
And my PC of SF Giants from 1958 - 2011 are in binders, alpha listed by manufacturers.
[Image: 059.jpg]

I guess I try to stay on top of it with so many cards. Makes finding single cards for trade easy though.

ORG on Beckett all cards are trade folder for searching:

Physically all of my cards are being put into sheets and in binders. All of my New York Yankee collection is currently in 5 binders. Four are large 4" binders with Yankees of the past. The fifth is a smaller binder with all of the current players and rookies. All of the rest of my cards are in 4" binders by year with the 2011 Topps set being in the custom 2011 Topps binder. I will probably buy that binder each year for Topps as they really look nice.

As for my organizer online here at Beckett, it is broken down by year and then by manufacturer and set. I also have a folder that duplicates these for my favorite Yankees to keep track of which cards I have for when I go to shows looking for new cards.

(07-20-2011, 04:08 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: some say organized, others might say im OCD like a mofo
Don't worry us OCDers understand.
Mine isn't for the ORG. I just out mine in by sport... BB-FB-HK..
I would LIKE to get them by teams...... But with players switching teams today I just rather keep it by sport. If anyone is looking for anything they have the search lol

(07-21-2011, 07:00 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I know this has been brought up before..but For physical organization:

The boxes are Container Store sliding drawers that fit top loaded cards (about 50-70)
The rest or the $$ cards and GU etc that are of minor stars are in Monster or TRI Shoe boxes by year and manufacturer
And my PC of SF Giants from 1958 - 2011 are in binders, alpha listed by manufacturers.

I guess I try to stay on top of it with so many cards. Makes finding single cards for trade easy though.

Impressive organization my friend, definitely appreciate the time and effort that goes into a setup like that. If I had 1/2 as many cards as you I think I would still benefit from your organization. BTW where did you get your drawers for the top loaded cards? Wouldn't mind checking that out myself.

[Image: Sports_guy21_Beckett-Banner.png]

I second that motion on Bond20001's collection, very impressive and cool that your collection is all in one space, unlike mine that's all spread out and takes up 2 rooms. It's a work in progress.

I'm concern about your albums being vertical, instead of horizontal. Do you not have trouble with the pages bending down though time?

What's the deal with the flashlight? :-)
WANTED: Pete Rose / Dale Murphy before 1981 / BUY or TRADE

http://stores.ebay.com/DugoutATL
http://www.facebook.com/RaylonsCollectibles

(07-21-2011, 10:31 PM)raylon Wrote: What's the deal with the flashlight? :-)
I think it's a red refractor RC /25
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I really like bonds20001's idea, very neat and tidy. Quite a contrast to mine which is just one end of my bedroom, with boxes all over the place.

Myself, 99% of my keepers go in new penny sleeves, top loaders, and team bags. I do that so I can flip through them whenever I want and add new cards without scratching them all up. I can't stand my PC cards in scuffed up top loaders. Then they go into graded card boxes because those are the only ones with rows wide enough to not crunch up the team bags. I also keep my HoFer autos and game-used seperate from everything else.

My non PC inserts/base go in monster boxes and 2 row "shoe" boxes, by sport. Alot of it is sorted according to brand but the last couple years I've slacked off on that so I have some major sorting to do. RCs and rookie year/minor league cards go into seperate monster boxes according to sport. Anything $5 or more goes in a top loader.

(07-21-2011, 10:12 PM)sports_guy21 Wrote: Impressive organization my friend, definitely appreciate the time and effort that goes into a setup like that. If I had 1/2 as many cards as you I think I would still benefit from your organization. BTW where did you get your drawers for the top loaded cards? Wouldn't mind checking that out myself.
THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OR A SALES PITCH..I have no conection with the Container Store!!

Here is a link http://www.containerstore.com/shop/stora...50&N=62561

Container Store..on sale now..
There are many others like them, but these stack and seem to be doing the job...I like it because it does not hold too many cards, keeps searching time down and they are not too deep so they can be stacking in small places and corners..

What else do people use for small drawers?

A
(07-21-2011, 10:31 PM)raylon Wrote: I second that motion on Bond20001's collection, very impressive and cool that your collection is all in one space, unlike mine that's all spread out and takes up 2 rooms. It's a work in progress.

I'm concern about your albums being vertical, instead of horizontal. Do you not have trouble with the pages bending down though time?

What's the deal with the flashlight? :-)
The binders are pretty full and tightly packed next to each other and I have not noticed bending issue. But, it has been brought up before and it is something I check and am concerned about..vertical stacking is not too convenient for adding cards from trades etc...
I have about 16716 cards in those binders, with more added every week when I find refractors etc...

FLASHLIGHT? When I need it, I know where it is. Since I spend a good deal of time in my room, when the lights go out or a flashlight is needed, I know where it is and do not have to search...

(07-22-2011, 12:56 AM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I think it's a red refractor RC /25
LMAO!!! Not an AU though!

(07-21-2011, 07:00 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I know this has been brought up before..but For physical organization:

Usually impressed by peoples pulls on here but this is the first time I have been impressed by someone's organization skills. VERY impressive. I might actually use that idea for myself.