`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire....Do you think about it????

RE: Fire....Do you think about it????
(07-20-2011, 06:33 PM)pbean Wrote: geesh ..... thanks T Sad now I'm gonna be thinking about fires all night Sad

actually, if that ever happens I'd be "hopefully" covered we have full replacement insurance on our home and contents Smile
i had to get a seperate policy... not to spendy though.
: )

2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

never really given any thought to it, having a house fire is one of my worst fears
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

here is another thing....Katrina... how many folks lost their entire collections in that disaster?? or others like it? makes me wonder....
DONE

(07-20-2011, 08:18 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: i FEAR fire here Teresa. my house is all cedar,inside and out...beams to siding to inside walls.. i have a security system and insurance but no safe or "fire-proof box or boxes to speak of... just not sure what to do. our house is tiny so a huge gun safe or something is out. i like to play with my stuff so a safe deposit box is out...
clueless really...
: (
I would be scared a little about all cedar BUT I saw your mancave and it is GORGEOUS!!!! It's definitely tough figuring out how to protect our babies.
(07-20-2011, 08:19 PM)jncdrew Wrote: Hell yeah, cards, mini helmets, jerseys, my clothes, my flat screens and anything I have time for would flying out the windows in my pillows, wouldnt want to scratch anything, lol!
LOL, LOVE the pillow idea Big Grin

Our house actually burned down when i was a teenager with no insurance and we lost everything. It started in my room and the metal head I was I had posters on every square inch of my room that kindled the fire quite nicely. I was telling my mom as my bed was burning like a piece of toast, lets throw it out the window, and she was like, NO, i dont want to make a scene. Ten minutes later, a 4 alram fire, there was a MAJOR scene. I lost all my sports achievements, trophys, original star wars and six million dollar man mem, everything. I learned some things that nite. ALWAYS have a garden house that will stretch all the way around your house and thru it. And have insurance.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I think about it too, especially after all the forest fires we've had here in Boulder in the last year. The big one last Labor Day that took down almost 170 homes (most worth more than $1 million), really hit home. I called again about renters insurance and they denied me!!! Said they wouldn't cover me because I'm in a high fire threat zone. Jackwagons!!!

I need to do some more hunting around for policies, but until then...all my ultra high enders are in an "easy to grab box" so I can have kitty in one arm and my cards in the other!!

And no, you're not paranoid...it's something we should all think about.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-20-2011, 09:13 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Said they wouldn't cover me because I'm in a high fire threat zone. Jackwagons!!!
Unfortunately insurance companies make their own rules and yes they are........Jackwagons!!!!

(07-20-2011, 09:13 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: I think about it too, especially after all the forest fires we've had here in Boulder in the last year. The big one last Labor Day that took down almost 170 homes (most worth more than $1 million), really hit home. I called again about renters insurance and they denied me!!! Said they wouldn't cover me because I'm in a high fire threat zone. Jackwagons!!!

I need to do some more hunting around for policies, but until then...all my ultra high enders are in an "easy to grab box" so I can have kitty in one arm and my cards in the other!!

And no, you're not paranoid...it's something we should all think about.
You could always send me your Rickys and I will take good care of them as Im not in a fire prone area. Heck send the Ronnie Browns, Tulo's, Donald Browns and whatever you have hiding. I will keep them safe...lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(07-20-2011, 09:22 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: You could always send me your Rickys and I will take good care of them as Im not in a fire prone area. Heck send the Ronnie Browns, Tulo's, Donald Browns and whatever you have hiding. I will keep them safe...lol.
And the moral of the story is...keep your eye on the card collector looking for a steal!!

I have contents insurance, but we all know what insurance companies are like.

Disasters happen all the time..fires, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes. It would drive you crazy if you thought about it all the time. So maybe it's best to enjoy our cards in the here and now!!

(07-20-2011, 09:33 PM)estuaryman Wrote: And the moral of the story is...keep your eye on the card collector looking for a steal!!

I have contents insurance, but we all know what insurance companies are like.

Disasters happen all the time..fires, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes. It would drive you crazy if you thought about it all the time. So maybe it's best to enjoy our cards in the here and now!!
hear hear!!! i agree!.... and Wendy? i would check out a special seperate sports mem. and cards policy if you rent my dear,
DONE