• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if??????

What if??????
I was going through some of my Collins collection and noticed these

[Image: CollinsBills.jpg]
[Image: CollinsColts.jpg]
[Image: CollinsCardinals.jpg]
[Image: CollinsVikes.jpg]

which has me thinking what would of happened if Collins had been drafted by one of these teams and not the Panthers. So what are your thoughts guys.
Finally Completed!!!
[Image: CruzRainbow_zpsabe5dffb.jpg]

RE: What if??????
Cool cards by the way. I was a huge Kerry Collins fan. Especially for Ny obviously but i liked him Carolina. The most interesting would had been if he went to Indy. Where would Peyton now be.....That could have changed the face of the NFL!!! Besides San Diegos huge mistake of Ryan Leaf.

I would have like to see him play for the Bills................
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(07-20-2011, 12:00 PM)giantsfan Wrote: Cool cards by the way. I was a huge Kerry Collins fan. Especially for Ny obviously but i liked him Carolina. The most interesting would had been if he went to Indy. Where would Peyton now be.....That could have changed the face of the NFL!!! Besides San Diegos huge mistake of Ryan Leaf.
Thats what I was thinking the most. With Collins at the helm of Indy would they have been that bad to get Manning in 98. I really don't think they would.

(07-20-2011, 12:01 PM)giantfan270 Wrote: I would have like to see him play for the Bills................
I wouldn't I would have rathered Arizona than the Bills.
Finally Completed!!!

I believe Peyton might have fallen to the Jets that year....I dont quiet remember how the order went. But they needed a qb and if collins went to Indy They would have gotten Peyton. That would be weird now to see Peyton in a JETS uni.

I'm not sure if those teams had the best options for him. Remember Kerry took the Panthers pretty darn far. The first year 7-9, and the second year AN EXPANSION team winning 12 games?? I think Kerry ended up in a good place for him and like I said previously, if Romo hadn't have busted him up, I believe that things would have been entirely different for Kerry.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(07-20-2011, 12:06 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I'm not sure if those teams had the best options for him. Remember Kerry took the Panthers pretty darn far. The first year 7-9, and the second year AN EXPANSION team winning 12 games?? I think Kerry ended up in a good place for him and like I said previously, if Romo hadn't have busted him up, I believe that things would have been entirely different for Kerry.
Oh I completely agree that where he ended up was best for him. But could you imagine Collins to Harrison, and Collins to Wayne?

(07-20-2011, 12:06 PM)giantsfan Wrote: I believe Peyton might have fallen to the Jets that year....I dont quiet remember how the order went. But they needed a qb and if collins went to Indy They would have gotten Peyton. That would be weird now to see Peyton in a JETS uni.
1998 Draft

1 Indianapolis Colts Peyton Manning Quarterback Tennessee
2 San Diego Chargers (from Arizona) Ryan Leaf Quarterback Washington State
3 Arizona Cardinals (from San Diego) Andre Wadsworth Defensive End Florida State
4 Oakland Raiders Charles Woodson [2] Cornerback Michigan
5 Chicago Bears Curtis Enis Running back Penn State
6 St. Louis Rams Grant Wistrom Defensive End Nebraska
7 New Orleans Saints Kyle Turley Offensive Tackle San Diego State
8 Dallas Cowboys Greg Ellis Linebacker North Carolina
9 Jacksonville Jaguars(from Buffalo) Fred Taylor Running back Florida
10 Baltimore Ravens Duane Starks Cornerback Miami (FL)
11 Philadelphia Eagles Tra Thomas Offensive Tackle Florida State
Finally Completed!!!

I miss Fred Taylor!
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile

(07-20-2011, 12:09 PM)collinsfanatic Wrote: Oh I completely agree that where he ended up was best for him. But could you imagine Collins to Harrison, and Collins to Wayne?

1998 Draft

1 Indianapolis Colts Peyton Manning Quarterback Tennessee
2 San Diego Chargers (from Arizona) Ryan Leaf Quarterback Washington State
3 Arizona Cardinals (from San Diego) Andre Wadsworth Defensive End Florida State
4 Oakland Raiders Charles Woodson [2] Cornerback Michigan
5 Chicago Bears Curtis Enis Running back Penn State
6 St. Louis Rams Grant Wistrom Defensive End Nebraska
7 New Orleans Saints Kyle Turley Offensive Tackle San Diego State
8 Dallas Cowboys Greg Ellis Linebacker North Carolina
9 Jacksonville Jaguars(from Buffalo) Fred Taylor Running back Florida
10 Baltimore Ravens Duane Starks Cornerback Miami (FL)
11 Philadelphia Eagles Tra Thomas Offensive Tackle Florida State
That would have been sweet for Collins to have had those kind of weapons. Looking at this draft board and the teams in the top 10...Peyton could have gone to any of them. Except maybe the Jags who had Brunell at that time.

(07-20-2011, 01:01 PM)weslamb Wrote: I miss Fred Taylor!
I miss Kerry Collins!

(07-20-2011, 01:03 PM)giantsfan Wrote: That would have been sweet for Collins to have had those kind of weapons. Looking at this draft board and the teams in the top 10...Peyton could have gone to any of them. Except maybe the Jags who had Brunell at that time.
Sure could have
Finally Completed!!!