`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBay Makes Me Nervous

EBay Makes Me Nervous
I'm one of those guys who buys off Ebay once in a while, and very, very rarely sells stuff. Waiting around for 7 days for those last few hours when all the bids go up rapidly makes me nervous. I have a couple of the nice items from my Ginter boxes up there now and they're at price levels which are much lower than I expect them to make when all's said and done.

I know full well that all the bidding's done in the last day of a sale, but I don't like the waiting game! Big Grin Just thought I'd share.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

RE: EBay Makes Me Nervous
Yeah I hear ya! I try not to put anything up there that isn't brand new and hot or won't get atleast 75%+ BV. I always put up lower end stuff and don't care what I get because I turn it around into something I want. I usually expect 25-35% on the lower stuff.
I once put a Dice K/Iwamura (i think) dual auto up and got $275 for it. I got that price because it was brand new and Dice K still looked like he could pitch. There is no way I'd get the value now nor would I expect it.
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

I'm the same kind of buyer, and I'm actually in the same ebay boat as you right now. I'm trying to build up some paypal to buy a couple of boxes of A & G and it's been tough to log in and see them moving so slowly. Good luck with your auctions!

Yeah, I won't say what my listings are, as I think that would be against the forum rules, but suffice it to say that they're nice cards with no book values yet due to both scarcity and the fact that 2011 Ginter is so new, and right now, they are unique on Ebay (meaning no other examples of them have been sold there yet), so I guess they could bring in $1 or $1000.... I'd be hoping for higher based on similar-calibre players and autos that sold there, but you never know.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best now that they're actually for sale seems to be about all I can do at this point lol
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

yeah i hate that too. almost all mine are BIN with best offers or i do their auctions that start at any price and usually put my cards a buck or 2 less than the others have been selling for. i remember i had 3 2009 brandon belt DEEE up at the same time ending within 10 min of each other. the first sold for $5, the second for .99 and the third for $4.50... i was like... wtf happened to the middle one haha.
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

I buy like that too

Ebay is great if your selling a HOT unproven player or a product that just came out. but for older or lower end stuff its a loss almost every time..
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(07-19-2011, 11:03 PM)eazy e Wrote: Ebay is great if your selling a HOT unproven player or a product that just came out. but for older or lower end stuff its a loss almost every time..
For sure. Every time I do sell there, it's always of a product that's just come out.

Guess I can't be too nervous any more... one of the three listed cards I have up right now just hit a C-note!

Congrats!!

I always list and then make a point not to look back at the listing for about five days.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]