`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBay Makes Me Nervous

RE: EBay Makes Me Nervous
(07-22-2011, 08:47 AM)zaccheus85 Wrote: Congrats!!

I always list and then make a point not to look back at the listing for about five days.

i wish i could do that. i check my active listings 9 or 10 times every day.

[Image: philliesguy2.png]
i collect phillies autographs.
i also collect robert andino & carmelo anthony.

Granted, I don't sell cards on Ebay (maybe I should, all I seem to do is buy cards lol) but my auctions are always 3 days MAX. People never bid before the last 24 hours anyway, so I don't ever do 7 day auctions.

Well, my auction ended.... The 2011 Allen & Ginter Albert Pujols Silk #05/10 I pulled and had listed sold for $281, the A&G Micky Ward auto sold for $90, and the A&G Clayton Kershaw Silk #07/10 sold for $54! Total of $425!

That's like a month of rent for me just for 3 cards! Yay!
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

nice!
I've had cards sell for so much less than I thought they should that I wish I had set a reserve, but overall I've had better luck than not.
take a look at my organize, I have something you like...

[Image: imag0256s.jpg]

(07-22-2011, 02:46 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Granted, I don't sell cards on Ebay (maybe I should, all I seem to do is buy cards lol) but my auctions are always 3 days MAX. People never bid before the last 24 hours anyway, so I don't ever do 7 day auctions.
While most bidding happens in the final 24 hours, people will browse through eBay and tag items to watch them until the last day. I always list with 7 days, so that more people have a chance to look for the items. The more people that find the auction the more last minute bidders.

Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/