`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick question about packaging for grading submission

Quick question about packaging for grading submission
How do you package your thick cards? The rigid holders arent thick enough to accomodate a jersey card but that is the only suggestion beckett gives for submission.
[Image: joealexander.jpg]
[Image: white.jpg]

RE: Quick question about packaging for grading submission
I have some questions about how cards "must" be packaged for submission as well. From what i have seen you are supposed to put your cards in those crappy old school "card savers" without sleeve. NO WAY I'm putting my best cards in those things. I dont see why you cant ship them in sleeves and top loaders. Maybe some one can shed some light on this because I wont submit any cards unless I know for sure.

[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I agree! I want to submit some cards but I want to send things like high end rc's and 1/1's. I'd much rather send them in screwdowns even if I dont get them back. I'm not going to stick a bare card between two pieces of cardboard just because beckett doesnt want to uncase my $300 card that I would be paying them $20 to grade anyway. Has anybody ever sent their cards in screwdowns or just toploaders?
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

It works fine w/ the semi-rigid holders, they have larger ones that patch cards fit into. Just sleeve them put them in the semi-rigid and sandwich them between cardboard, put them in a box w/ bubble wrap or newspaper, get insurance. good to go.
[Image: flo.jpg]
Sadistically collecting Chad OchoCinco Johnson
non 1/1's 2660/3840 69.25% complete

*Every time you use the word "MOJO" an angel gets full blown aids*

You can ship them in anything you want. Just plan on not getting it back. I've shipped many cards in single screw downs.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Use card saver 1's. They are plenty big for anything except stuff that goes into a 240pt toploader. I sent all my lettermen in those, worked fine.
They don't really say to skip the penny sleeve do they?
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(07-17-2011, 02:41 PM)giantfan270 Wrote: You can ship them in anything you want. Just plan on not getting it back. I've shipped many cards in single screw downs.
+1

Every card I obtain goes in a new sleeve & loader or magnetic case.. Prefer not reloading them as you risk damaging it and hurting you're grade.. As noted above though, you do not get your original packing supplies back. Best of luck on your submission!

(07-17-2011, 04:57 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: +1

Every card I obtain goes in a new sleeve & loader or magnetic case.. Prefer not reloading them as you risk damaging it and hurting you're grade.. As noted above though, you do not get your original packing supplies back. Best of luck on your submission!
Ok good. I never expected to get my packaging back I just dont want to damage the card sending it in some flimsy card saver..
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(07-17-2011, 12:30 PM)eazy e Wrote: I have some questions about how cards "must" be packaged for submission as well. From what i have seen you are supposed to put your cards in those crappy old school "card savers" without sleeve. NO WAY I'm putting my best cards in those things. I dont see why you cant ship them in sleeves and top loaders. Maybe some one can shed some light on this because I wont submit any cards unless I know for sure.
Both times I have sent stuff to be graded I have sent them in those card savers with a sleeve and I've had no problems with them taking them.
(07-17-2011, 05:16 PM)eazy e Wrote: Ok good. I never expected to get my packaging back I just dont want to damage the card sending it in some flimsy card saver..
If you sandwich them between 2 pieces of cardboard they are fine.