`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugh! So close! Oh, well.

Ugh! So close! Oh, well.
Wow. Went into the last minute of an eBay auction for a 1909 T206 card of former Detroit pitcher Wild Bill Donovan with the high bid, but, literally, was outbid in the final seconds. That's disheartening, for sure. Not only would it have been my first T206 card, believe it or not, it would have also been my first pre-war card. Would have been neat to add that to my collection. I'm a very low-budget guy, so those opportunities don't come along for me too often. Congrats to the winner, though. That's how the game is played.

For me, the hunt continues! Gotta live the thrill of the chase!

- Mickey
Collect Kirk Gibson (Tigers), Lou Whitaker, Alan Trammell, Jack Morris (Tigers), Lance Parrish (Tigers), Sparky Anderson (Tigers), Tom Brookens (Tigers), as well as earlier Tigers greats like Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Mickey Lolich, Willie Horton,etc.

RE: Ugh! So close! Oh, well.
If you are interested in pre war Detroit, I have a 1940 red Kress, if my auction doesnt sell I can throw it in my organize for trade. Lmk
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

I always try to bid at 4 sec left if I can.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(07-16-2011, 01:32 PM)mseward Wrote: Wow. Went into the last minute of an eBay auction for a 1909 T206 card of former Detroit pitcher Wild Bill Donovan with the high bid, but, literally, was outbid in the final seconds. That's disheartening, for sure. Not only would it have been my first T206 card, believe it or not, it would have also been my first pre-war card. Would have been neat to add that to my collection. I'm a very low-budget guy, so those opportunities don't come along for me too often. Congrats to the winner, though. That's how the game is played.

For me, the hunt continues! Gotta live the thrill of the chase!

- Mickey
I looked to see if I had any Tigers pre-war and alas, I do not. If I come across something I will let you know.

Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Thanks, guys. Dont really have anything you'd be interested in, as far as trade goes, right now. All my vintage (which isn't much) are Tigers for PC. I need to start accumulating some stuff so I can trade.
Collect Kirk Gibson (Tigers), Lou Whitaker, Alan Trammell, Jack Morris (Tigers), Lance Parrish (Tigers), Sparky Anderson (Tigers), Tom Brookens (Tigers), as well as earlier Tigers greats like Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Mickey Lolich, Willie Horton,etc.