`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storage Locker Raid

Storage Locker Raid
I had the opportunity to raid a storage locker of one of my customer's. she owned a card shop until 1991. I figured there would not be much in there, but I found some nice stuff. It was mostly Baseball, but thought I would get some advice on this B-Ball stuff.

I found an 87 88 Fleer Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Detlef Schrempf, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Juliuus Erving, Patrick Ewing, Akeem Olajuwon, Karl Malone

87 88 Fleer Stickers- Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird

88 89 Fleer Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen

All of these cards are in Mint Condition. should I send them in for grading, hold them, or sell them w/o grading? Centering looks Very good on most of the cards Nearly perfect on the Jordans.

Also I found a couple of unopened 1988 Fleer Wax Packs. should I bust them or Sell them unopened?

RE: Storage Locker Raid
I would suggest grading if you think they will grade 9 or above. Gem mints will pull you some good $$$$

The pack is a tough one...Im a wax nut so I'd open it, but if you in it for the money the odds are better to sell the packs usually.

All in all I'd say thats a pretty nice find. Do you trade anything or just sell?
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Agree, sell the packs and grade the cards. You should get a few bucks or more on each of your finds!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I think if those cards look in that good of condition, grading would be a good choice. It's a risk you take, but MJs across the board are selling really high right now.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

I think you should send that 87-88 Jordan Sticker to me as I'm going steadily backwards in time on those (recently picked up 89-90 and 88-89) and my birthday is coming up Wink

More seriously, however, anything from that era that gets an 8.5 or up would fetch a pretty nice premium, esp. the Jordans so if they look that high quality definitely send them in. As for the packs, as a basketball collector I'd have to bust them, but since basketball isn't your main thing, selling/trading is probably your best option.

Yeah I am here in Dallas, so I think I may take them in to get graded. I mostly Do baseball so if you guys have anything I would definitely be open to some trades. I also Like my Cowboys and Mavs.

(07-13-2011, 03:30 PM)jwest1334 Wrote: Yeah I am here in Dallas, so I think I may take them in to get graded. I mostly Do baseball so if you guys have anything I would definitely be open to some trades. I also Like my Cowboys and Mavs.
Check me for some mavs stuff. I'd love to grab those packs off of you. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

do you have any scans of the cards, I have a Romo - Staubach auto
Always looking for MJ-Lebron-Wade-Durant-Hill-Wall-Cousins-Bledsoe-Patterson-Orton-Meeks-Prince-Magloire-Nazr-Mercer-McCarty-Delk-Walker-Mashburn- Football-Cobb-Conner-Tamme
[Image: sigpic2.png]

Will Get some up later tonight or tomorrow. I am still going through some of the stuff.

I just realized that I have the complete sets of both 87 88 fleer and 88 89 fleer with stickers. Lots of good single cards in there. If I do end up selling should I keep the set together, or break it up. Will postt scans tomorrow. BTW both sets are in absolutley immaculate condition as far as edges, corners, and surface go. havent realley looked at centering on anything but the key cards.