`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution: Who would you like to see?

Evolution: Who would you like to see?
I'm sure alot of you seen the 2011 Upper Deck Evolution Cards that are Randomly inserted into Hobby Boxes and Retail boxes. It got me thinking, How cool would it be if there was a 2011 Upper Deck Baseball and it also had the Evolution Cards.

Being that there is a small amount of players on these cards. Who would you like to see? and what highlight would you like them to have inserted into the playback monitor?

For myself. I would like to see a Asdrubal Cabrera with the over the back double play highlight. Or. Carlos Santana with the Triple play out highlight.

I know its the new age "in quotation" but I hope they don't change the sports cards completely. Meaning,I hope they are still cardboard and not hard plastic like credit cards or even like the evolution. Come to think of it- to have a plastic card would prolly eliminate damaged corners or creases. Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: Evolution: Who would you like to see?
(07-13-2011, 08:22 AM)talkntribe Wrote: I'm sure alot of you seen the 2011 Upper Deck Evolution Cards that are Randomly inserted into Hobby Boxes and Retail boxes. It got me thinking, How cool would it be if there was a 2011 Upper Deck Baseball and it also had the Evolution Cards.

Being that there is a small amount of players on these cards. Who would you like to see? and what highlight would you like them to have inserted into the playback monitor?

For myself. I would like to see a Asdrubal Cabrera with the over the back double play highlight. Or. Carlos Santana with the Triple play out highlight.

I know its the new age "in quotation" but I hope they don't change the sports cards completely. Meaning,I hope they are still cardboard and not hard plastic like credit cards or even like the evolution. Come to think of it- to have a plastic card would prolly eliminate damaged corners or creases. Smile
The sports card market has had a few non card board type of cards.
They made plastic type of cards back in the mid 90's for football ( collector's Edge).
And they made an insert set with metal cards a few times for Hockey and football...

(07-13-2011, 08:27 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: The sports card market has had a few non card board type of cards.
They made plastic type of cards back in the mid 90's for football ( collector's Edge).
And they made an insert set with metal cards a few times for Hockey and football...
Yea I know. Perhaps I should've been more clear. I don't want them to take away the cardboard Smile That wouldn't be good.

(07-13-2011, 08:36 AM)talkntribe Wrote: Yea I know. Perhaps I should've been more clear. I don't want them to take away the cardboard Smile That wouldn't be good.
Oh I know. I was just saying. And it would be nice to have something different now and again. All this mem. stuff is getting old...

Asdrubal Cabrera is a sick man. The hardest part of making that card would be picking out which play(s) to include. He is a walking, talking, defensive highlight reel.

(07-13-2011, 08:45 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Asdrubal Cabrera is a sick man. The hardest part of making that card would be picking out which play(s) to include. He is a walking, talking, defensive highlight reel.
Haha. Yea, I agree. My favorite is the over the back. I think a harder highlight to find would be of omar vizquel. lol

Ah this discussion takes me back. Do you remember in 1995 or 1996 when they made the credit card inserts? The cards all looked like credit cards and the parrallels were silver, gold, and platinum versions that were actually plastic like a credit card.

(07-13-2011, 08:58 AM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: Ah this discussion takes me back. Do you remember in 1995 or 1996 when they made the credit card inserts? The cards all looked like credit cards and the parrallels were silver, gold, and platinum versions that were actually plastic like a credit card.
Yea I have the Manny Ramirez and Albert Belle's. My youngest brother inserted one in a atm one day in hopes to get money. LoL. It kept his card.lol My parents grounded him for a month. "Stupid is as Stupid does"

(07-13-2011, 08:58 AM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: Ah this discussion takes me back. Do you remember in 1995 or 1996 when they made the credit card inserts? The cards all looked like credit cards and the parrallels were silver, gold, and platinum versions that were actually plastic like a credit card.
Studio...

plastic cards done right can be very nice. always like e-x's base set. or how about Stadium Club's gallery of heroes, with their stained glass effects

[Image: 2389187280047542036S600x600Q85.jpg]

I have an entire set of Basketball Phone Cards. Must have been from the Late 90's, i think I bought them to make long distance phone calls from college.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]