Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wanting to do an auto or game used set
Question 
wanting to do an auto or game used set
Hey im wanting to put together an auto or game used set but im not sure which one to do. Im not looking for a high end or expensive set since im mainly going to try and trade for these and i have a very tight budget. Any thoughts would be appreciated

RE: wanting to do an auto or game used set
2010 National Chicle. I am only 2 relics and 3 autos short. You can get most of the relics for $.05-$5 and the autos from $3. It's a decent set and I think it fits the bill for ya.

Every relic sans Gherig and Mantle: http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556...c%20Cards/

All autos sans Yaz, Howard, and Hanson: http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556...e%20Autos/

^ That's a nice looking collection!
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

I've been thinking about putting an auto set together too. I want to do one of the early ones that is not high end. I've been leaning towards '99 Topps Traded, but haven't yet decided.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

Any other suggestions?

I did Chicle too but the Yaz, Howard, Porcello, and Musial were a ***** to track down. The Musial is the easiest of them. Good Luck!

Have you considered HOFers? Try the 1998 Donruss Signature Significant Signatures. Its not real bad and the cards are all well worth it. The Koufax is the hardest on the pocket and there is a guy on the boards offering it right now for sale. I have a few I could help you get started with too.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(07-09-2011, 02:23 AM)jhyde77 Wrote: I've been thinking about putting an auto set together too. I want to do one of the early ones that is not high end. I've been leaning towards '99 Topps Traded, but haven't yet decided.
If you are looking to do an early set, I always liked the 1999 Sp Signature Edition autos. They were not too busy and the autos were clearly visable with the white background.

I did 2010 Bowman Chrome, which was great as it kept me busy all year long and ones I didn't pull or trade for I could find on COMC or the bay.

Of course, then i did Bowman Chrome Draft, the USA Autos, the retail autos, which has kept me going. I'm at over 140 with still a few to get, and now I'm doing it all over again with 2011 Bowman.

The other great thing about it, of course, is that a lot of the guys go up a lot in value, so it's also a good investment (I got my Anthony Rizzo autos pretty cheap).

Anyway, my two cents worth.

S-

(07-15-2011, 12:05 PM)dkotart Wrote: If you are looking to do an early set, I always liked the 1999 Sp Signature Edition autos. They were not too busy and the autos were clearly visable with the white background.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(07-15-2011, 12:05 PM)dkotart Wrote: If you are looking to do an early set, I always liked the 1999 Sp Signature Edition autos. They were not too busy and the autos were clearly visable with the white background.
I really like that set. I got a pack of it when it first came out. But with the stars and the number of autos, I think its out of my range.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.