Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockey commons, what to do-

Hockey commons, what to do-
Hi,

I have about 100-150 hockey cards, all commons from the early 90s and maybe a few from the late 80s. I've never collected hockey but for some reason I have never thrown them out. My question is: Is is worth keeping them to try and trade or sell them, or am I better off just tossing them out? I don't plan on loading them up in org b/c I don't have a sub for hockey and don't plan on purchasing one.

Any help and opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Hockey commons, what to do-
if you're absolutely sure they're commons, they're definitely not worth attempting to sell/trade as everything from 1989-1997 were massively overprinted... However instead of throwing them away, maybe you can give them to a local children's hospital or some children's organization in your area. They might get more enjoyment out of them and they won't go to waste.

(07-08-2011, 01:41 PM)cheatinc Wrote: if you're absolutely sure they're commons, they're definitely not worth attempting to sell/trade as everything from 1989-1997 were massively overprinted... However instead of throwing them away, maybe you can give them to a local children's hospital or some children's organization in your area. They might get more enjoyment out of them and they won't go to waste.
Excellent idea! There are several members of the Beckett Hockey Community who do this (mrspudhead, rayeates to name a couple), so if you need any other ideas on who to donate them to, check with those guys!
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

(07-08-2011, 02:33 PM)opierocks Wrote: Excellent idea! There are several members of the Beckett Hockey Community who do this (mrspudhead, rayeates to name a couple), so if you need any other ideas on who to donate them to, check with those guys!
agreed but i recomend looking to see if any of them are gems, sometimes you get lucky with a find in a pile of "commons"
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Send me all your Canucks.
Give the rest to a children's hospital
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com