`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new one for Ebay shipping

A new one for Ebay shipping
The first card I received today was nothing uncommon, some fool put the card (louis murphy auto letterman) in a top loader that had an old piece of tape on it, and didn't even bother to reseal it so it was just moving around in the package. Suprisingly it wasn't damaged.

I thought it couldn't get any worse. I opened the next one, Howie Long sweet spot auto. The card was in a sandwich bag. Not in a penny sleeve or a top loader, nothing but a sandwich bag (and a few cat hairs in the bag). No other padding in the envelope other than the bubble from the package itself.

I don't get sellers on Ebay sometimes. They're just setting themselves up for a paypal claim or negative feedback. I'm contemplating neutral feedback because out of luck they didn't get damaged. If they could just spend a few more dollars and a few extra minutes of time, they could ship their cards safely and avoid any potential problems.

RE: A new one for Ebay shipping
(07-08-2011, 01:35 AM)jcwatchdog Wrote: The first card I received today was nothing uncommon, some fool put the card (louis murphy auto letterman) in a top loader that had an old piece of tape on it, and didn't even bother to reseal it so it was just moving around in the package. Suprisingly it wasn't damaged.

I thought it couldn't get any worse. I opened the next one, Howie Long sweet spot auto. The card was in a sandwich bag. Not in a penny sleeve or a top loader, nothing but a sandwich bag (and a few cat hairs in the bag). No other padding in the envelope other than the bubble from the package itself.

I don't get sellers on Ebay sometimes. They're just setting themselves up for a paypal claim or negative feedback. I'm contemplating neutral feedback because out of luck they didn't get damaged. If they could just spend a few more dollars and a few extra minutes of time, they could ship their cards safely and avoid any potential problems.
I just had the same exact problem with an Emmitt auto, a $250 card in a loader with no tape, sliding around. And I have gotten the sandwich bag as well, pretty sad. And i have gotten a $5 card in a magnetic so go figure, lol!
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Id definitely leave one star in the shipping column for the sandwich bag guy. WTF! I mean he DID charge you for shipping right? Was it "free shipping"?
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(07-08-2011, 01:37 AM)jncdrew Wrote: I just had the same exact problem with an Emmitt auto, a $250 card in a loader with no tape, sliding around. And I have gotten the sandwich bag as well, pretty sad. And i have gotten a $5 card in a magnetic so go figure, lol!

That's just shabby. Why would someone risk $250? Did you buy it from ebay? That's a large risk that he took.

Maybe I'm being too picky, I don't know. I've had a couple cards come in screwdowns that were ruined too so you can never tell. One that was screwed down with part of the card on the edge of the recess so it made a long indention all along the side of the card. Another one I guess was screwed in there a long time. When I opened it part of the card peeled off and was left stuck on the plastic. I didn't file any claims on either because I figure the people were at least trying to do right. That and the cards were only $15 and $28 each :S
(07-08-2011, 01:42 AM)mattfastiggi Wrote: Id definitely leave one star in the shipping column for the sandwich bag guy. WTF! I mean he DID charge you for shipping right? Was it "free shipping"?

I was charged $3 shipping. I got a bubble wrapper that probably cost 75 cents, and the shipping which was 64 cents plus whatever delivery confirmation costs. But even a simple top loader won't increase the cost much. I ended up leaving positive feedback that wasn't all together positive and rated a 1 in the shipping.

You're just HOPING those are cat hairs...

The one that gets me is the "over-protector", where they wrap the card(s) in so much bubble wrap and wide tape, it's hard to tell where the cards are inside. That makes it a game of chance... will I damage a card today just trying to see my new cards?
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I now take the approach of not being surprised by anything I see when I open an incoming package. It's a lot easier to avoid disappointment that way! lmao

i do wish they shipped better. i mean when i ship minimum is a sleeve, top loader, dummy (front and back), tape to stop movement and a padded envelope. its not that expensive. everyone has top loaders and penny sleeves if they collect as well as some dummies, go to get the envelope anyway and tape somewhere in the house. I mean Really ITS NOT THAT HARD. I'm just sayin'.
Wants Drew Brees everything
Second colliction Gabbert and all 2011 quarterbacks
[Image: ridley_brees.jpg]
http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/rshcard86/
my site
http://rshcard86.weebly.com/

I hate when people use scotch Tape on the top loader. That stuff never comes off clean, so for me, I always use a penny sleeve, top loader, decoys, a team bag, and a bubble mailer. I have made a few trades on here and I dont think anyone has complained. As far as Ebay, it kills me when people charge you $3-$5 for shipping and you get shitty shipping in return. I have no problem paying "high" shipping if its done correctly. I really wish Ebay could fix that......