`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xray Camras used on Foil packs now?

xray Camras used on Foil packs now?
someone on Ebay last night was not only selling a hot pack, but said the pack is guaranteed to have a Harper card in it.

Only thing I can think of as to how he knows this is they must use xray camras to see thru the pack. Has anyone heard of this before? thanks

RE: xray Camras used on Foil packs now?
The packs are already see-through. Or he's just a slimebag who searched the pack and resealed it
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

It was a 2011 Bowman pack. How is that already see thru? How do you refoil a pack?

thanks

The retail rack packs have really thin plastic that you can see the outer cards through. And a lot of people online (especially with hot packs) open packs and reseal them (I stay away from hot packs)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Keep in mind guaranteed Harper could mean Topps 100 or Bowman's Best too. Steer clear.

(07-07-2011, 12:06 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: Keep in mind guaranteed Harper could mean Topps 100 or Bowman's Best too. Steer clear.
yes, I agree. Stay away from sellers like that.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

yes I thought the same thing. If it was a Harper auto in the pack he kept that one. No way he is selling it on ebay for 20 bucks

what machine do you use to reseal a Foil pack?

thanks

I remember seeing a Guaranteed Harper Purple Refractor Hot Pack (Rack Pack) on Ebay awhile back and it went for a lot of money. Not the purple parallel Harper, but the Harper Purple Refractor worth $100.00.

I believe it sold for a good bit of money, but that should have been a tip off for me not to buy the Rack Packs anymore because I didn't pull a single Purple Refractor of anyone after I saw that listing.
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

I didnt know Bowman had rackpacks

Back in '91 or '92 when Pro Set came out with the golfer (Nicholson, I think) hologram insert, people used metal detectors to find this "hot pack". If I remember correctly, this card went for as high as 1K.