`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Alphabetizing In Organize???

Automatic Alphabetizing In Organize???
I organize all my cards for trade/sell just like they were on the old site. Now whenever I type in a search year to add in my recent additions Topps is before Donruss etc. and it seems that all new entries are just added to the bottom of the already jumbled grid mess for whatever year. Are there any plans to fix this back to the way it was?
I collect Mariner players RC's as well as Auto's/Game used if in M's uniform. Es
pecially PSA graded stuff. Go M's!!!

RE: Automatic Alphabetizing In Organize???
that only happens when you search "all items". if you search individual collections, it comes out right. the solution is to add "all items" to a new collections (i call mine "all items sortable"). only hitch to that is that you cant have more than 20k or 50k cards. i believe at 20k you wont be able to calculate the new folder, 50k you wont be able to sort (that last part is definitely "i think")

(07-06-2011, 04:55 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: that only happens when you search "all items". if you search individual collections, it comes out right. the solution is to add "all items" to a new collections (i call mine "all items sortable"). only hitch to that is that you cant have more than 20k or 50k cards. i believe at 20k you wont be able to calculate the new folder, 50k you wont be able to sort (that last part is definitely "i think")
Thanks for the tips!

I just tried your suggestion and it did not work, and I only have 4,300 cards?
I collect Mariner players RC's as well as Auto's/Game used if in M's uniform. Es

I think i know what you are doing. You are talking about your search, not the actual collection. It seems like it is giving you the results from your "All Items" Folder instead of within your new folder. If you do the search but instead choose "This Collection" instead of "All Collections" then it should work. if you do this and search for 1991, then all your 1991 cards will show up. If for some reason Topps is showing before Bowman or Donruss, then just double click the description header, this should sort the objects.
Good Luck

(07-06-2011, 01:11 PM)mannyman18 Wrote: I think i know what you are doing. You are talking about your search, not the actual collection. It seems like it is giving you the results from your "All Items" Folder instead of within your new folder. If you do the search but instead choose "This Collection" instead of "All Collections" then it should work. if you do this and search for 1991, then all your 1991 cards will show up. If for some reason Topps is showing before Bowman or Donruss, then just double click the description header, this should sort the objects.
Good Luck
That's the ticket,thanks! Was wondering if you could help me once more (I miss the old site where I knew how to do everything w/o feeling like an idiot)?
Now that I have integrated my new additions to inventory in their proper places, is there an easier way to remove the "recently added" tag other than clicking on each one individually? Thanks,Rick.

(07-07-2011, 11:31 AM)roguechessman Wrote: That's the ticket,thanks! Was wondering if you could help me once more (I miss the old site where I knew how to do everything w/o feeling like an idiot)?
Now that I have integrated my new additions to inventory in their proper places, is there an easier way to remove the "recently added" tag other than clicking on each one individually? Thanks,Rick.
A couple solutions I've used:

1. If you send all of them to the 'trash' - this will remove ALL associated collection tags with the cards. Then go into your trash can and instead of emptying it, move them back to the collection you DO want them in.

2. Instead of using "recently added" (which is a Beckett system folder and can't be deleted), create your own "recently added" collection (I've named mine "TEMP"). Use that folder to add cards to temporarily and then when you're done updating, just delete that folder, which will delete the tag from all of those cards, but doesn't delete the cards.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(07-07-2011, 11:39 AM)ceocards Wrote: A couple solutions I've used:

1. If you send all of them to the 'trash' - this will remove ALL associated collection tags with the cards. Then go into your trash can and instead of emptying it, move them back to the collection you DO want them in.

2. Instead of using "recently added" (which is a Beckett system folder and can't be deleted), create your own "recently added" collection (I've named mine "TEMP"). Use that folder to add cards to temporarily and then when you're done updating, just delete that folder, which will delete the tag from all of those cards, but doesn't delete the cards.
or what I do is, I usually have my cards put into 2 folders, either "Haves to Trade" or "Wants" and what ever year/sport/card company they are. First I "add" them to "Haves"/"Wants" then instead of "Adding" them to the other folder, I "Move" them to the other one, this clears them all out of the "recently added" folder automatically.

Football Set Builder.
Topps Chrome, Upper Deck, Ultra and Score.