Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One more opinion needed :)
07-06-2011, 10:05 AM
RE: One more opinion needed :)
I agree with the centering statement, and edges from the scan look like they'd take a slight hit, and regardless of how nice it looks after you took it outta the sandwich-maker, I'm truly led to believe you will take a hit on the surface.

My Vintage expert tells me that those sandwich-makers actually compress the card thinner over time, and when you grade older cards, they do take that into account.

Doesn't hurt to grade it though, those cards are still becoming more scarce by the day, and to get it slabbed and protected for the long run isn't a bad idea.

Insert Banner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 10:11 AM
(07-06-2011 10:05 AM)itsdagooch Wrote:  I agree with the centering statement, and edges from the scan look like they'd take a slight hit, and regardless of how nice it looks after you took it outta the sandwich-maker, I'm truly led to believe you will take a hit on the surface.

My Vintage expert tells me that those sandwich-makers actually compress the card thinner over time, and when you grade older cards, they do take that into account.

Doesn't hurt to grade it though, those cards are still becoming more scarce by the day, and to get it slabbed and protected for the long run isn't a bad idea.

Thanks Gooch Smile I did a double take on the corners and the scan makes them look rounded but they are pretty sharp.

I think your right on the slabbing part. When I get some xtra $$$ I'm gonna send it in and hope for the best.

This will be my 1st card I will send to get graded. Does anyone have any helpful hints for sending or insight into the process?

[Image: RayRayExquisite.jpg]

http://s534.photobucket.com/albums/ee350/teresawiser/
07-06-2011, 10:29 AM
(07-06-2011 12:38 AM)jncdrew Wrote:  Is that top right corner rounded a little, could be just the scan. The centering is very good, not a 10 but 9.5ish, overall a clean card. I would definitely consider it, great card.

I agree with most of this but that top right corner makes me feel like you shouldn't do it.