`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boring Thread on "TEAM-BAGS"

Boring Thread on "TEAM-BAGS"
Another member had a thread on storing/displaying cards, and it reminded my to write a RANT/PEEVE thread on card handling, shipping etc. It is not intended towards anyone specific, but am hoping that guilty parties see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANCE OF A (100 ct.) BAG OF "TEAM BAGS". ($2.50 +/-) ESPECIALLY WHEN TRADING/MAILING.

Reason #1)

No scotch tape on toploaders. (BIG NO-NO) LOL end of discussion.

Reason #2)

Keeps card in toploader/one-touch holders in your boxes, and IN THE MAIL. When you TRADE/BUY/SELL. ( HAVE YOU EVER REC'D A CARD THAT WAS FLOPPING AROUND IN IT'S MAILER ?) I have/do, and it makes me want to vomit.

Reason #3)

KEEPS SCUFFS/SCRATCHES/DIRT/SCUM OUT OF YOUR TOPLOADER / ONE-TOUCH / GRADED SLABS. (I scan 90% of what I collect, so I like nice, clean scans of my cards, and don't like the hassle of re-sleeving / re-loading cards I get, just to scan them. I don't really want a piece of your hair, a piece of your cat's hair, a piece of your gerbil's hair on my card, (I have 1 wife, 1 2yo boy, 1 shedding dog, 2 cats, and 6 baby kittens.........I would like someone I've traded with, come forward with some DNA from my house...... it doesn't happen.)

*** Also, a note on "bagging" graded cards. ***

Once you have a card graded, or you have rec'd, think about team-bagging your slabs. The main reason I don't deal with much graded, is you can see how much a slab has been handled, scratched, scuffed etc. This takes away from the eye-appeal of a graded slab to me, and is spendy and dangerous to have said pieces get "re-graded".

I rarely vent, thanks for your time.

Insert Banner.

RE: Boring Thread on "TEAM-BAGS"
So every card in a toploader gets it's own team bag for you? I would love to do that but simply can't afford it. I agree with everything else though.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

I send all my trades in team bags and agree completely they are a vital part of shipping. Plus they are cheap I mean come on. And I hate the fact that I spend a ton of money to replace toploaders for scanning.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Ummm, I am so glad you brought this up cause I received a $250 card from ebay TODAY that I am about to post that was in no penny sleeve, in a toploader twice the size of the card(thickness) and no team bag AND a piece of scotch tape(we wont get into that again hopefully, LOL!) which had been broken and when I cut open the bottom of the mailer and started to pull the card out I realized the card was either out of the toploader or it was sliding out when i was removing it. I about had a heart attack! The card was not damaged and Idk how it wasnt on the corners or one end. I havent left feedback, but for the money spent on this card I thought a little more care would have been given. Unsure what to do about feedback.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I have gotten two cards recently also that didn't have penny sleeves and both were damaged Sad one got replaced the other I let the person go because it wasn't an expensive card. I do ship all cards in team bags I just can't afford to store all my cards separately in team bags.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(07-05-2011, 10:07 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: So every card in a toploader gets it's own team bag for you? I would love to do that but simply can't afford it. I agree with everything else though.

No, i don't team-bag everything, but always do when I ship, with exception to single-card shipments (very rarely). Simple rc's, and some junk gu's / auto's,...... no team-bag" Anything with any value that I intend on NOT keeping for the long-run, I team-bag to protect for it's future investor/collector etc.

I like nice quality, mint cards (doesn't everyone), but everytime you have to swap it, you risk having something bad happen to the quality. ( I have a Contenders RC auto or Darrelle Revis to attest) Sad

This isn't more ranting at you Deuce, it's just me letting out the last bit of steam. Thanks for the comment.
Insert Banner.

i was never into team bags until i started using this site. i noticed how more secure they were and have since never shipped anything without one. and the whole tape is stupid. theres a guy i buy from on ebay that never sends in a penny sleeve, just a top loader fit to size of thickness of card and just enough room to squeeze his business card in there too. and he puts anti-tamper seals. all of which is irritating but he always has such good bin prices its hard to stop buying from him.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

Well said gooch!!

I completely agree 1000%!!

Bottom line when trading or selling..... Send/Treat the cards as you would want them sent to you!

And for Heavens sake........ NO F'N TAPE!!! (HUUUUUGE PET PEEVE!!!) LOL!!!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(07-05-2011, 10:20 PM)rgf17 Wrote: i was never into team bags until i started using this site. i noticed how more secure they were and have since never shipped anything without one. and the whole tape is stupid. theres a guy i buy from on ebay that never sends in a penny sleeve, just a top loader fit to size of thickness of card and just enough room to squeeze his business card in there too. and he puts anti-tamper seals. all of which is irritating but he always has such good bin prices its hard to stop buying from him.
If you're a loyal customer you should have some say in how he send you your stuff (seeing as you're the owner after you buy it). I'd let him know for future reference to use sleeve's/toploaders/teambags. Just my $.02 Smile .

The risk of something happening to it having to swap it out is a HUGE factor, i brought that up in my scotch tape rant and it didnt take a month and they were coming again. Look at my Emmitt thread again Gooch, please.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]