`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I doing too many?

Am I doing too many?
Ok so I started collecting again about 3 months or so ago. I have a nice PC until my wife pointed out I had quite a few folks in my collection I do not like personally. This got me to thinking that I have no emotional attachment to these players or cards and I should rethink my PC without value in mind. I started from the whole player list and went down it and back up 100+ times and I have decided on 52 players I wish to collect.

So I ask is this too many? I do have an advantage to trades as I do not collect Kobe, LeBron, Jordan and quite a few others everyone tries to collect where as I prefer a sweet Hansbrough or Nash card instead. My PC is now only players I like to watch or feel they have extreme talent like Josh Smith, Evan Turner etc... I do still have a few staples as I have a ton of Wade and Allen, Bird etc....

RE: Am I doing too many?
(07-05-2011, 09:47 PM)Mravalanche Wrote: Ok so I started collecting again about 3 months or so ago. I have a nice PC until my wife pointed out I had quite a few folks in my collection I do not like personally. This got me to thinking that I have no emotional attachment to these players or cards and I should rethink my PC without value in mind. I started from the whole player list and went down it and back up 100+ times and I have decided on 52 players I wish to collect.

So I ask is this too many? I do have an advantage to trades as I do not collect Kobe, LeBron, Jordan and quite a few others everyone tries to collect where as I prefer a sweet Hansbrough or Nash card instead. My PC is now only players I like to watch or feel they have extreme talent like Josh Smith, Evan Turner etc... I do still have a few staples as I have a ton of Wade and Allen, Bird etc....
i have 2 steve nash prime patch cards

52 players is a lot! lol I know like my PC i have Mj and then other UNC players, I do have some rookie cards and stuff of other players but thats about it I dont consider it part of my bigger collection, if that makes sense.It should be fine though if you focus on only a handful of players.I know next year if he comes out I want to start a collection of Harrison Barnes.

It seems like a lot but at the same time I don't keep ANY other cards in my PC so if I get a 1/1 Kobe Bryant I trade or sell it and a lot of the people in my PC do not have tons of cards. You will see me posting a ton of good stuff shortly as I am just about set in how to keep my collection on order and under control and have fun with it. Oh and the 52 includes a few retired players also.

I would say collect 3 - 10 main players, where you collect a lot of them. The rest I would go for more the nicer cards (for example: if Nash is not one of your top ten players then get a nice low number auto or mem card). Personally, I collect all David Robinson, Tim Duncan, and George Gervin cards I can get my hands on. I also like Kobe, Jordan, and Lebron, but I will only keep the high dollar cards like autos, etc. The rest of the Kobe, Jordan, and Lebron cards I use to trade with. I hope this helps.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

52 is a lot as far as players. I would say is narrow it down to 2-3 main player PCs and maybe smaller PCs for a favorite team or so on.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

wow 52??? I get dizzy chasing a 1 player PC, I cant imagine searching for 52 different players cards... lol

Do you limit what types of cards you go for ie: just Autos/GU/RC or basically anything goes for those 52?

(07-06-2011, 03:34 AM)monjo15 Wrote: wow 52??? I get dizzy chasing a 1 player PC, I cant imagine searching for 52 different players cards... lol

Do you limit what types of cards you go for ie: just Autos/GU/RC or basically anything goes for those 52?
I don't agree with these people lol.. I collect the nba as a sport. All players. I do have some favorites, but to me its more then just cardboard and a hobby, its also telling the history of the nba through the players and the years they spend in the league. My main collection would be any and every knick that ever existed. I like John Stockton, Nash, and Kidd as well.. but my collection will never stop.

What if i have a kid who needs the room... build an addition or rent a storage unit lol

Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

I guess it depends on how you're trying to collect those players. If your goal is to have one awesome card of each, then no, it's not. If you're trying to collect all of their cards for a specific type, such as Mem, SN, AU, then maybe. If you're trying to collect one of each of their cards, then my answer is yes. I collect Pistons, which means technically I collect more than 52 players and I'm going for 1 of every card made. Is it possible, no, especially when you consider 1/1. But it's the chase that I'm into. So if you want to go for 52 players, sure, that's fine. Just remember that as your PC builds, it can get harder and harder to get stuff you want/need. Well, unless you don't mind duplicates, then it's easy. Me, I only want one of each card, so duplicates I use for trade or sell them. Good luck on your pursuit.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I collect 96 different players (i.e. the top 96 players ever, according to Bill Simmons). However, I only want/need one or two cards of every player, so it doesn't get out of control.