`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do....16 1/1s

What should I do....16 1/1s
I'm debating on super-collecting Tyrell Jenkins of the St. Louis Cardinals. He was drafted in the first round of the 2010 Draft. He only has 44 cards, but there are 16 1/1s and 3 more #d/10 or less.

That means there's a decent chance to get 23 out of his 44 cards. Does anyone think this is a bad decision with so many 1/1s out there? I've been watching auctions for a few months now and have known Ty since he was 12.

I just don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

RE: What should I do....16 1/1s
Go for it. He's not really a player most people would recognize yet (or at least, I don't) so you have a chance to score some of the 1/1s a lot cheaper now than if he becomes a bigger name and stuff goes up in price. If you can get in on the ground level in any solid investment, it's usually better than jumping in the middle later.

(07-05-2011, 04:29 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I'm debating on super-collecting Tyrell Jenkins of the St. Louis Cardinals. He was drafted in the first round of the 2010 Draft. He only has 44 cards, but there are 16 1/1s and 3 more #d/10 or less.

That means there's a decent chance to get 23 out of his 44 cards. Does anyone think this is a bad decision with so many 1/1s out there? I've been watching auctions for a few months now and have known Ty since he was 12.

I just don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

Depends on what your goal is. If your goal is to have at least one of every single card he has, than yes- probably a bad idea with nearly half of them being 1/1's. If your goal is to have fun with it and collect as many as possible for a player you like and want to follow anyway, go for it.

Might as well try. If the 1/1s you see end up being unobtainable, then so be it.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Do it!

I am doing something similar. A player I went to High School with only has 11 cards, but 8(!!!!!!) of them are 1/1s. Hopefully he gets more cards in the future, but for now all I have left is the printing plates.

There is one on ebay, for 15$, but I think that is overpriced and am hoping the seller comes down. I just hope nobody else buys it. Oh well.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

(07-05-2011, 05:21 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Depends on what your goal is. If your goal is to have at least one of every single card he has, than yes- probably a bad idea with nearly half of them being 1/1's. If your goal is to have fun with it and collect as many as possible for a player you like and want to follow anyway, go for it.
Thanks guy. I've got a two-fold goal because I want 1 of every card, but want to have fun, too.
(07-05-2011, 05:21 PM)iconms Wrote: Might as well try. If the 1/1s you see end up being unobtainable, then so be it.
So far, I've seen 3 or 4 of the 1/1s and they've gone for pretty high prices. Higher than I could pay at the time and I might not ever see those again.

I don't think many if any of us can say we have a majority of any player we PCs 1/1 cards. even the most insane collectors on here

what the wife and I do for venters is just separate it into three categories:

overall collection (everything) % owned
1/1 cards % owned
base/parallels % owned

IE: (from sig)
Venters Collection 49% (33/68)
1/1's (3/31 10%)
base/parallels (30/37 81%)
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors