`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what would you guys think of this?

what would you guys think of this?
as some of you guys know i pulled an albert pujols 1 of 1 not long ago. my question is would it be a good idea to get it graded? have any of you gotten a 1 of 1 graded? comments welcome

RE: what would you guys think of this?
what kind of 1 of 1?

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

magenta

I have gotten 1/1's graded because they are for my PC-I believe as many others do that it will not bring a premium unless it grades really well (9.5 or 10}-I like the look of graded (Beckett) cards and the long term storage mishaps that can occur will be avoided. Although my valuables are in a safe in case of fire the damage usually is greatest with the water-a water proof case will be a god send. I treat 1/1's the same way I treat any other card I have high regards for. I protect them the best I can.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

If it is a printing plate, I wouldn't grade it. They don't tend to get very high grades. If it is for you pc and you just want it encased that it is not a bad idea but if you are going to try to sell/trade it than leave it as is.

My opinion on 1/1 cards is what is getting it graded going to do ? It's not going to make it more valuable because there are no other cards out there to compare it to.

So if I was going to resell it I wouldn't bother because like I said condition shouldn't matter than much unless it's completely creased down the middle or the corners are worn off etc... because it's going to bring a premium either way. If I'm keeping it for my personal collection I might consider getting it slabbed just so it looks nice.

IMO, the only cards that should ever be graded are players rookie cards. I see many people grading insert cards, why? It doesn't make a card sell for more. You might get $20 or so more for the card but that covers the grading costs. I know a certain grading company doesn't want to hear that but it's the truth.

(07-04-2011, 02:00 PM)happy14027 Wrote: I have gotten 1/1's graded because they are for my PC-I believe as many others do that it will not bring a premium unless it grades really well (9.5 or 10}-I like the look of graded (Beckett) cards and the long term storage mishaps that can occur will be avoided. Although my valuables are in a safe in case of fire the damage usually is greatest with the water-a water proof case will be a god send. I treat 1/1's the same way I treat any other card I have high regards for. I protect them the best I can.
+1
WANTED: Indian Larry American Biker Auto
[Image: 1393873061.jpg]
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Seaw0lf/library/

thanks for the opinions. for now im going to hold on to it and maybe something good will come along that i can trade it for

Having it graded, would be a waste of money as it will usually not get a high grade, then again, those printing plates, really don't sell that high anyways, because they are actually not really 1/1's

yes, I know the company marks them as a 1/1, but if you go through the whole printing process, they use more than just one plate for each color depending the amount of how many cards are actually printed for each product, a lot of the base cards of a player, insert cards, etc, will be using the same photo as what is on the printing plate, so they would have made quite a few of plates for that one color of ink.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35