`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Beckett, looking to trade - I have Strasburg

New to Beckett, looking to trade - I have Strasburg
Hi all. I'm new to Beckett and looking to do some trading. I collect Edgar Martinez and potentially other good Mariner RCs (Felix, Ichiro, Ackley, Pineda, etc.). I'm just getting back into trading after about 10 years off and most of my collection isn't with me so all I have here is a bunch of 2010 Topps Chrome baseball and some 2011 Bowman baseball that I've opened. The highlights are a Topps Chrome Strasburg X-Fractor RC, Topps Chrome Carlos Santana auto RC, Starlin Castro Topps Chrome Refractor RC, and Utley Topps Chrome Blue Refractor. Since I am new here I am willing to send first to help build my reputation. I have sent a few offers out to people on here who are reputable but I'm not getting responses back. Is there something I am not doing that is leading to good dealers ignoring my offers? I want to do things right here. Thanks for the help!
Looking for Edgar Martinez and some other Mariners RCs, autos, and mems.

RE: New to Beckett, looking to trade - I have Strasburg
(07-03-2011, 02:46 PM)everett03 Wrote: Hi all. I'm new to Beckett and looking to do some trading. I collect Edgar Martinez and potentially other good Mariner RCs (Felix, Ichiro, Ackley, Pineda, etc.). I'm just getting back into trading after about 10 years off and most of my collection isn't with me so all I have here is a bunch of 2010 Topps Chrome baseball and some 2011 Bowman baseball that I've opened. The highlights are a Topps Chrome Strasburg X-Fractor RC, Topps Chrome Carlos Santana auto RC, Starlin Castro Topps Chrome Refractor RC, and Utley Topps Chrome Blue Refractor. Since I am new here I am willing to send first to help build my reputation. I have sent a few offers out to people on here who are reputable but I'm not getting responses back. Is there something I am not doing that is leading to good dealers ignoring my offers? I want to do things right here. Thanks for the help!
they just dont trust new traders.....they will ask you to send first

its probably just the holiday.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

everyond doesn't require shipping first!! i only require shipping first when they have some bad feedback on them
trade offer sent

(07-03-2011, 02:52 PM)lecreccio Wrote: its probably just the holiday.
That would be my guess as well.

I sent you an offer for an Edgar you had marked as a want to try and get you started. Thanks!

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

i got this ichiro..Photobucket
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

welcome to the board! edgar huh? don't have much of him to trade but i do have a bunch of ichiro and felix. both semi pc players for myself but would let them go for griffey or other ichiro/felix that catches my eye.
btw.. older traders on here are very cautious and will try to work with you and request that you send first. seeing that you mentioned that already I wouldn't see a problem as long as you had something they were looking for. alot of traders are pretty specific especially the higher end guys here. but for every one or two of them somebody will trade you anything trying to get you the card you want. good luck and happy trading.
no org, please do not send trade requests

As a new member with about 10 traded in/coming/going/out here's my advice...

1. keep your org updated with haves/for trade all the time...put in everything of some value as I'm finding there are collectors out there who want stuff you may not
2. If you are able to put out some scans of stuff that look good...do it. It catches to the eye to people who will just want to take a look and see what else you got. I had to go to Kinkos and spend a little money but it was worth it as it opened the floodgates to where I'm still catching up...and believe me there's nothing special in what I have for a collection compared to many here
3. dont get hung up on the ship first thing...I send out immediately whether asked or not and so far everyone has been great about sending their stuff to me
4. dont be afraid to say no on your end as well...if someone doesnt have what you want decline the trade and dont just trade to build up a # of them...there are plenty of people who have stuff you want

Speaking of that...ahem...I have 2 GU of Edgar (1 is an especially cool multi color patch card)...check my org on them

open offer sent
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

Thanks to everyone for all the advise. Got several trades done already and hopefully more in the works!
(07-03-2011, 11:02 PM)jmc316 Wrote: As a new member with about 10 traded in/coming/going/out here's my advice...

1. keep your org updated with haves/for trade all the time...put in everything of some value as I'm finding there are collectors out there who want stuff you may not
2. If you are able to put out some scans of stuff that look good...do it. It catches to the eye to people who will just want to take a look and see what else you got. I had to go to Kinkos and spend a little money but it was worth it as it opened the floodgates to where I'm still catching up...and believe me there's nothing special in what I have for a collection compared to many here
3. dont get hung up on the ship first thing...I send out immediately whether asked or not and so far everyone has been great about sending their stuff to me
4. dont be afraid to say no on your end as well...if someone doesnt have what you want decline the trade and dont just trade to build up a # of them...there are plenty of people who have stuff you want

Speaking of that...ahem...I have 2 GU of Edgar (1 is an especially cool multi color patch card)...check my org on them
Silly question: I do I view someone else's org? I'm sure it's simple but so far I haven't figured it out.
Looking for Edgar Martinez and some other Mariners RCs, autos, and mems.