Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can anyone find this card in the opg i've tried 1000 times, plz help

can anyone find this card in the opg i've tried 1000 times, plz help
Longoria Signa cuts auto

[Image: IMG_1469.jpg]

made it big to view better. any help is appreciated

RE: can anyone find this card in the opg i've tried 1000 times, plz help
there's one on ebay numbered to 50 for $50.
(06-30-2011, 06:27 AM)jdevolve Wrote: there's one on ebay numbered to 50 for $50.
my bad. its actually numered to 25.
JD

(06-30-2011, 06:07 AM)john1580 Wrote: Longoria Signa cuts auto

[Image: IMG_1469.jpg]

made it big to view better. any help is appreciated
I did a Longoria tristar and nothing came up /100.
Might wanna send the pic to Beckett ( email addy I don't have on hand ) and they will prob. add it to the ORG.

Is that set listed at all?? Something in the back of my head tells me that that set isn't listed because it had no licensing...but maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Does it have a year listed on the card at all?

(06-30-2011, 06:39 AM)ceocards Wrote: Is that set listed at all?? Something in the back of my head tells me that that set isn't listed because it had no licensing...but maybe I'm confusing it with something else.
The year on the card is 2005 or 2006 i forget and it's not in front of me right now. I've tried tristar and signa cuts and all sorts of stuff and can't find it so i think you are right ceo .Theres no listing for any signacuts at all as far as i can tell. Thought maybe you guys knew something i didn't know ........thanks everyone

pretty sure none of those are listed since they are unlicensed
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

yes, they aren't listed -I have a Greinke, Hochevar, and Len Dawson Signa Cuts and they aren't either. Seems a bit silly
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(06-30-2011, 06:39 AM)ceocards Wrote: Is that set listed at all?? Something in the back of my head tells me that that set isn't listed because it had no licensing...but maybe I'm confusing it with something else.
I wish Beckett would make up their mind about how they choose to list sets. The no licensing excuse doesn't work as a few sets come to mind that don't have licensing that are listed, 08 Razor Letterman, Tristar pursuit, 09+ Donruss EEE, 2011 SP Leg. Cuts.

But then they don't show love to Famous Fabrics, the Tristar Signa series (what you have), anything Razor/Leaf since 2008 and some other ones that I can't think of right now. ITG even advertises on Beckett, so why not list them?

I understand why they set that rule in the 80s when there were hundreds of unlicensed sets, but to use the "we don't list unlicensed cards" is hypocritical and in my mind just being lazy. It's more of a pick and choose what unlicensed sets we want to list policy.

(06-30-2011, 10:20 AM)iujapander Wrote: I wish Beckett would make up their mind about how they choose to list sets. The no licensing excuse doesn't work as a few sets come to mind that don't have licensing that are listed, 08 Razor Letterman, Tristar pursuit, 09+ Donruss EEE, 2011 SP Leg. Cuts.
As I understand it - and I may be mistaken - there are multiple licenses to be obtained by card manufacturers.

At a minimum, they have to get a license from MLB to use team names/logos, etc and one from the Players Union to use player photos/likenesses, etc. There may be more.

The ones that you listed (along with 2011 UD) have a license from the players union to use player names/photos, etc...just not the MLB license. So they're not technically 'unlicensed' cards (a better descriptor would be 'not fully licensed')

Signa cuts has neither - no team names, no photos, no logos, etc...they are truly "Unlicensed".

Like I said I might be mistaken, but that's my take at least.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.