Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Contest: Product Ideas

Contest: Product Ideas

Contest End Date

07/31/2011

Prize

1 Card from either CheckOutMyCards.com, Beckett.com Marketplace, or eBay where combined price and shipping is less than $20

Requirements

Must have at least 200 posts.

How to Enter

Reply to this thread with a full product idea. Use the below example as a guide on how to format your response and what I'm looking for. Each member is only allowed to submit one product idea.
Product Name: 2010-11 Playoff Review
Base Set: 81 cards (1 card for each game). Each card has a memorable image from that game, the front depicts the final score of the game as well as what series (First Round, Second Round, Semi-Finals, Finals) and what Game it is in the series. The back displays box scores for the starters of both teams, the final score of the game, the series score (ex. 1-1) and a small description of a memorable moment from the game. Each base card is numbered to 999.
Parallel Sets: Die Cuts /100, Silver Die Cuts /50, Gold Die Cuts /25, Platinum Die Cuts /1.
Insert Sets: Champions (1 card for each player of the team, the back lays out their contribution to the playoffs and explains a special moment in the playoffs for that player, numbered to 100), Champions Autographed Patches (parallel to Champions - Patch is rectangular towards bottom of card with Autograph on patch, numbered to 10), Champion Apparel (1 card for each player of the team, contains a Patch piece, Shoe Piece, Ball Piece and on card autograph, numbered to 5), Dunktacular (highlights some of the best dunks in the playoffs, maximum two cards per player, numbered to 100)

Now, in the above example, since it was a playoff set, I did not name players. However, if you are giving an idea for a generic season product, please include a list of players from each team that will be in the base set as well as the insert sets.

Winner

During the length of this contest, people will cast their vote for which product idea they like the best. At any point in time, a user may change their vote. I'm going to lock the thread at 11:59:59 PM on 7/31 and tally the votes. Once I've determined the winner, I'll communicate with them to find out what card they want. The card can be from CheckOutMyCards.com, Beckett.com Marketplace, or eBay. On eBay, it must be a BIN. I do not wish to hope to win an auction nor do I want to go back and forth with someone on offers. I will not simply give out a money order, a check, or PayPal instead. It must be one card, and only one, from the previously mentioned sites.

Goal

Spark interest in the board as well as possibly get some ideas for Panini or any other prospective Basketball card manufacturer for cards we all would enjoy.

Images

Images are not needed but are welcome. If you're good at photoshop or any other photo software and would like to show designs of some or all of the sets in your product, that would be very cool to see. There will be no ridicule on level of graphic design expertise. Please post the images, not the links to the images, in your post.

I apologize if the reward is not spectacular, but that's all I think I can give out at this time. I'll update if I need to. Let's have fun with this.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Contest: Product Ideas
i think its a good idea xstream, im not to creative but if i think of a good idea ill post, but i will def vote. thanks for doing this!!!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Don't enter me in the contest because I don't have 200 posts, but have an idea I just want to float out there.

Product Name: Panini New School

Box Break down: 20 packs per box, 15 cards per pack (I like a lot of cards)

3 types of base.

same chance at getting each type of base. they would fill up most of the pack.

(border team colors) base type 1: player is attacking the basket:

Kevin Durant

JonasJ

(simple orange border) base type 2: player is taking a jumper
(silver foil card) base type 3: studio shot of player

1 RC True Colors #/99 per pack on average (include undrafted guys like David Lighty and Ben Hansbrough)

kemba walker

inserts:

15 per box on average - (gold cards) awards and honors: e.g. all-rookie team, all nba first team, all nba 2nd team, all-nba 3rd team, MVP, MIP, ROY, Defensive player of the year, scoring leader etc

Derrick Rose MVP

10 per box on average - Up & Comers (rookie inserts) - players drafted in the first 2 rounds on metallic blue sparkly cards.

1 in every box - Crunch Time: checklist limited to players who are great in crunch time (e.g. Kobe, Wade, Yes Lebron, Billups, Ray Allen, Dirk, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Chris Paul etc.
(this inserts would be numbered /99 maybe) - Cards would be bronze colour.

1 in per box on average: Real Memorabilia - They would be game worn (NOT event worn. Not pre-season worn, Not Warm-up). Only starters and first round picks would be on the checklist (numbered to /50 maybe) - colour of the card would be the teams colours the player is on

Kobe

1 Auto in every other pack on average Straight Signatures Only starters and first round picks would be on the checklist (numbered to /25 maybe) - white card background that pops with several colours

Per case: either one 1/1 printing plate auto or /5 or less auto mem. Make Lebron and Kobe /5, but players like Jason Terry make 1/1. These hits would be black and white (even the mem would be black or white).

New School Gems

Also in every box instead of a redemption I would include a coupon for another box of a panini product ($5 off coupon valid for licensed retailers of the product only (expiry date 2 years from when the product was released)

I would also have a card 1 in 1000 boxes would win a free box of a panini product priced up to $75 MSRP. Hopefully that would help revive the hobby getting more people back to being hardcore collectors.

photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

I too think this is a good idea, I'll def vote and if I can get creative which I'm not I might post an idea.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(06-28-2011, 10:32 PM)evanturner12 Wrote: Don't enter me in the contest because I don't have 200 posts, but have an idea I just want to float out there.

Product Name: Panini New School

Box Break down: 20 packs per box, 15 cards per pack (I like a lot of cards)

3 types of base.

same chance at getting each type of base. they would fill up most of the pack.

(simple red border) base type 1: player is attacking the basket:
(simple blue border) base type 2: player is taking a jumper
(silver foil card) base type 3: studio shot of player

1 RC per pack on average (include undrafted guys like David Lighty and Ben Hansbrough)

inserts:

15 per box on average - (gold cards) awards and honors: e.g. all-rookie team, all nba first team, all nba 2nd team, all-nba 3rd team, MVP, MIP, ROY, Defensive player of the year, scoring leader etc

10 per box on average - Up & Comers (rookie inserts) - players drafted in the first 2 rounds on metallic blue sparkly cards.

1 in every box - Crunch Time: checklist limited to players who are great in crunch time (e.g. Kobe, Wade, Yes Lebron, Billups, Ray Allen, Dirk, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Chris Paul etc.
(this inserts would be numbered /99 maybe) - Cards would be bronze colour.

1 in per box on average: Real Memorabilia - They would be game worn (NOT event worn. Not pre-season worn, Not Warm-up). Only starters and first round picks would be on the checklist (numbered to /50 maybe) - colour of the card would be the teams colours the player is on

1 Auto in every other pack on average Straight Signatures Only starters and first round picks would be on the checklist (numbered to /25 maybe) - white card background that pops with several colours

Per case: either one 1/1 printing plate auto or /5 or less auto mem. Make Lebron and Kobe /5, but players like Jason Terry make 1/1. These hits would be black and white (even the mem would be black or white).

Also in every box instead of a redemption I would include a coupon for another box of a panini product ($5 off coupon valid for licensed retailers of the product only (expiry date 2 years from when the product was released)

I would also have a card 1 in 1000 boxes would win a free box of a panini product priced up to $75 MSRP. Hopefully that would help revive the hobby getting more people back to being hardcore collectors.
Thats an incredible idea except they would really over use the coupons and the 75$ like the redemptions
Collecting James Harden, Russell Westbrook, and Carmelo Anthony

that's bro. I am a marketing consultant, so I thought the $5 coupons are a great incentive to get people to buy more boxes than they originally would buy. The free product would would ONLY be in 1 in 1000 boxes so it's fine and only up to $75 MSRP so that's like a $60-$70 box retail. The $5 coupons is no skin off paninis back. cards are very cheap to produce. the problem is the market is a niche market so you want to try to get people to buy more product (the ones who collect).
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

$20 for an idea that Panini or UD will be allowed to use (if they choose) for future products?

hmmm, that sounds like the $35 that Phil Knight paid to the graphic designer that created the Nike symbol.

I would hope that the winner gets more compensation if the ideas are utilized by a multi-million dollar card manufacturer than a $20 card.

(06-28-2011, 11:08 PM)emeyeceeone Wrote: $20 for an idea that Panini or UD will be allowed to use (if they choose) for future products?

hmmm, that sounds like the $35 that Phil Knight paid to the graphic designer that created the Nike symbol.

I would hope that the winner gets more compensation if the ideas are utilized by a multi-million dollar card manufacturer than a $20 card.
lol. Well, obviously I would hope that company, if one were to choose it, would do something about that. I'm just putting $20 of my own bucks out there just to spark some interest in this board and figured that nobody's going to go full force for $20, just give a general idea. However, we've all seen your designs, so I don't know if you should qualify. Smile Just playing. But nah, I wanted to get some more traffic on here, and I know Contests help.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

A medium price ranged product; $35-50 a box
one pack per box
Five Cards per pack
All cards are either autos or memorbilia numbered less than 100(this would obviously call for more card designs!)
One card could be a 1/1 Die cut (of a choosen design)
One MAJOR Case hit in a 24 box case

Since jersey cards are the new base cards, we might as well just skip the base, or at least have that option for those who don't need anymore base. This kind of box makes it possible for the everyman or kid to get really lucky.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

wait,.. you're doing this with your own money? this isn't a beckett sponsored idea?

damn, you ROCK! i didn't realize this was your idea.

MIKE