`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my Diamond Ring from Topps today

RE: Got my Diamond Ring from Topps today
Someone paid over 21K for a piece of cardboard with a number stamped onto it last year...I think 450 for cubic zirconium is a much better deal Smile
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

From what I've heard it is CZ and Stainless Steel. They did make 60 of them afterall. I think it was a unique idea, but are people really gong to wear them? They just look kinda tacky IMO.

(06-28-2011, 02:33 PM)digijeff Wrote: [Image: IMAG0448.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0449.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0450.jpg]

pretty cool...people been asking me what I'm going to do with it (sell or keep), still don't know
How about pulling out that flap where it says " and metal" so we can read the rest of it please. Smile

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Nice looking ring. I would hold on to it. Real or fake, it's still cool. Congrats on getting it.
I collect Yankees
I trade based on BV, not sale price.

Woah that's pretty sweet!
I wouldn't care that its cz, even thought its "diamond anniversary" and everything....but its still a million times better than "virtual rings"

[Image: philliesguy2.png]
i collect phillies autographs.
i also collect robert andino & carmelo anthony.

On Topps diamond giveaway site it lists the value of the ring at $200. So for it to sell for $450 recently on ebay that's a nice hit. Would probably let it go for that much. The crazy thing is, someone bought or I believe was about to buy a Mantle ring off ebay for $1k.

The ring is not real diamonds it's a diamond anniversary ring and not a diamond ring. I got confused with when they did the actual real diamond engagement ring for $10k in feb.

Cool item and I agree, it's like cards, only worth how much someone would pay for it not the listed value. Could go for $50, $450, $5k who knows. Pretty cool ring tho, be better if it was obviously real diamonds.

Funny thing is the shipping came with insurance and it said they insured the shipping so it ended up being $45 which is about 25% value of ring, pretty crazy.

Wanted list: Ryne Sandberg, Troy Tulowitzki, Willie Mays auto/relics

Some cards for trade: http://photobucket.com/digicards

[Image: jerseys-1.png]