`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Often wondered about this...Updated..

RE: Often wondered about this...need some input please..
Yeah thanks mel that helps me too. I agree with it 100% and never use to. I just don't want 1000's of rookie cards because then having a rc would be less then it already is which isn't much. I remember rookie cards use to be an awesome thing to get now it's almost nothing.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Another thing is the rc by definition should be numbered to 99 or more. I know some local hockey collectors who almost look like they're gonna fight over the "true rc" rules. But then there is baseball with first card, rc card, extended rc, etc.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(06-27-2011, 03:31 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: Another thing is the rc by definition should be numbered to 99 or more. I know some local hockey collectors who almost look like they're gonna fight over the "true rc" rules. But then there is baseball with first card, rc card, extended rc, etc.
WOW didn't know there was an extended RC. What is the definition of that?

And man I bet that fight with the hockey collectors would be good Wink , LOL!!

unfortunately it's a never ending battle between the "purists" and the "hobbyists" Sad

I have tons of "non-rookie" RC's and every box set now has a kazillion variations of RC's so it can be confusing as heck Sad

if you like the card, that's all that matters in my books Smile

(06-27-2011, 04:11 PM)pbean Wrote: unfortunately it's a never ending battle between the "purists" and the "hobbyists" Sad

I have tons of "non-rookie" RC's and every box set now has a kazillion variations of RC's so it can be confusing as heck Sad

if you like the card, that's all that matters in my books Smile
Sweet pbean Smile Sounds like a good rule of thumb to me!!!!

Here is a perfect example. I bought this when they first hit the rack. Thought it was the true rc /25 at that. Got it for a little under $100 at auction. I thoguht it was the deal of the century, lol! This is the insert rc and it books $150, the true gold rc /25 bv is $600.

[Image: IMG_0006-1.jpg]

Now if i had that $100 back and another $100 or so to go with it, i could have a true rc of his from this brand. Lesson learned and I will NEVER make this mistake EVER again.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Wow that's nuts jdrew. Amazing.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(06-27-2011, 06:29 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: Wow that's nuts jdrew. Amazing.
When you are talking a $5 rc and a $5 rc insert, what is the difference really? But the difference here is HUGE! That is why there is ONE true rc in a set and whatever that number of card is, for example #234, any others with the same # are considered true rc's too, usually with a lower serial #. That is where you get your RC silvers or golds or platinums or whatever.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(06-27-2011, 06:50 PM)jncdrew Wrote: When you are talking a $5 rc and a $5 rc insert, what is the difference really? But the difference here is HUGE! That is why there is ONE true rc in a set and whatever that number of card is, for example #234, any others with the same # are considered true rc's too, usually with a lower serial #. That is where you get your RC silvers or golds or platinums or whatever.
I will definitey take your hard learned lesson to heart and check b4 buying. Hi (My son says hello-LOL) That was a hard lesson but the card is a beauty Big Grin

They are considered rookie cards because of they are there rookie year but they are not the "true" rookie card that is part of the base set...
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]