`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why, Oh Why, Basketball Board?

Why, Oh Why, Basketball Board?
it saddens me every time i pull up the forum page and see that the baseball and football board has more then 3 times as many threads as the basketball board. Shoot, even the hockey board has more then us? what gives? this should not be so, especially since the new site opened in the peak of the basketball season. Just wanted to see some more action on the boards and see what your alls opinions are.
i also want to add, this is by no means a negative comment toward any of the boards!!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: Why, Oh Why, Basketball Board?
A little bit has to do with that its the off season and there hasn't been any new product put out yet. Other than that there still are the select few regulars and maybe some decided to switch to collect there other sport thats in season.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

i think it all has to do with the price changes on beckett. i know you dont have to pay to go on the boards but they have all slowed down. i know the other sports have more posts than here but overall its not the same as before. i see a lot more action now on other sites. i hate it because i like becketts system much better but its happening.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

I think sadly its the products. Less people buy basketball when compared to football and baseball.I can see why too, I mean outside of the few big hits like an MJ,Kobe,Lebron,Wade,Durant,Griffin, or Curry auto all the rest just arent as good. I know when I bought the 2010-2011 SP it put a sour taste in my mouth for basketball because I had 2 low name rookies as my guaranteed autos. With the other sports theres also more people to collect. On a basketball team theres only 3-4 players youd want to collect.Most basketball people only collect Jordan,Durant,Kobe or Lebron so theres not gonna be much discussion if those arent involved. I do like the football board, a lot of people want to help others with their collections. I love basketball the most but collecting wise its not as good as the others.

(06-26-2011, 10:17 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: A little bit has to do with that its the off season and there hasn't been any new product put out yet. Other than that there still are the select few regulars and maybe some decided to switch to collect there other sport thats in season.
when the new site went live, we were in the prime of the basketball season, and the finals ended a couple of weeks ago? there has also been new products coming out every month, including next month.
i can understand baseball and football having more, not sure about 3 times more, but why in the world is hockey more active? i would have never thought hockey would have a bigger following then basketball?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

ping lol never doubt those canadians. Thats the only thing I can think of is that most the beckett people for hockey live in canada where its THE sport. lol other than that I have no idea, that is kind of sad. There does need to be more people on the bball board

(06-26-2011, 10:29 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: I think sadly its the products. Less people buy basketball when compared to football and baseball.I can see why too, I mean outside of the few big hits like an MJ,Kobe,Lebron,Wade,Durant,Griffin, or Curry auto all the rest just arent as good. I know when I bought the 2010-2011 SP it put a sour taste in my mouth for basketball because I had 2 low name rookies as my guaranteed autos. With the other sports theres also more people to collect. On a basketball team theres only 3-4 players youd want to collect.Most basketball people only collect Jordan,Durant,Kobe or Lebron so theres not gonna be much discussion if those arent involved. I do like the football board, a lot of people want to help others with their collections. I love basketball the most but collecting wise its not as good as the others.
I agree. Basketball floods the hobby with RC hits (most won't hit it big). In the other sports you'll get a lot more variety of who you'll get for the hits. I think it would be cool to see collectors on the basketball boards try to help each other out with each other's collections. It seems there is more collectors who are in it for value when it comes to basketball. I don't collect for value, but because I enjoy collecting, trading, talking sports cards with others who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

it has become more quiet after the trouble with the former site. it feels like it's about ten of us on here.

the few reactions I received on the threads that i started over the last few days pretty much came from the people who have already responded to this thread..

Yeah I think Beckett scared off a good portion of the basketball regulars with the old crappy site and upping the fees for the OPG and Org. The football boards are livelier than ever though. Everyone is buds with everyone over there.

I am glad to see that I am not the only person to notice this. It is getting so bad on here (for me at least) that I am losing some interest in the hobby. I am not 100% sure if it is the site, but with no one to trade with, no new threads popping up, I often wonder why I check in on the site. I checked this morning around 8:30am and now around 10pm and there is hardly any action...

[Image: Nick.jpg]