Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does beckett determine BVs?
Question 
How does beckett determine BVs?
On /10 Patches how does beckett determine BV? They are likely never to see what the card looks like. And each patch looks different. Sometimes the card is mostly jersey but has a slight bit of another colour so panini would still consider it one of the /10 patches. How does beckett determine value on patches since no 2 are the same?
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

RE: How does beckett determine BVs?
I believe that it is a ballpark figure. I had a guy on the bay tell me he was charging almost $15 more than book ($25 card) because the patch was nicer than most. i tried to explain to him that all the National treasure patch cards are nice but he didn't care. So I guess it depends on who you ask.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Beckett emailed me an offer for 10% of a 6 month sub. I was really considering it, but then I realized their pricing on patches wasn't accurate since they put the same value on each one. If you buy singles on ebay they often list the BV in the listing. Plus you can check what a similar card sells for.

(06-25-2011, 12:39 PM)quavis Wrote: I believe that it is a ballpark figure. I had a guy on the bay tell me he was charging almost $15 more than book ($25 card) because the patch was nicer than most. i tried to explain to him that all the National treasure patch cards are nice but he didn't care. So I guess it depends on who you ask.

They don't, because Beckett's doesn't price patches #/10
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

do they price patches #/20 or 25?

Generally, anything /25 and under no,
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

That is correct, /25 and lower, more often than not, are not priced due to scarcity. It's not about not knowing what they look like, they could be some of the ugliest cards in the world, but if people pay $100 on average, then the BV is around $100 (I believe that's how they do it). It's not a Production Value, meaning X was spent on the Jersey Pieces, X was spent on the design, X was spent on the card stock, X was spent on the machine maintenance, X was spent on the design, X was spent for licensing. It depends on how much the product as a box/pack sells for, along with scarcity, along with similar products/cards, along with demand for the player, and many other factors.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

my point is that a card like this that is only a piece of a patch shouldn't be worth as much:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...500wt_1156

I'm guessing Beckett hasn't put a value on this because the print run is too low. But some of the patches like this are /50. And the beckett value would be misleading if this patch had a BV.

the prices are just a guide, not a set in stone price that a buyer or seller should be willing to do. the patch cards are like anything else, certain numbering, certain pieces of the jersey, when they were used, condition of the card all have a factor in what a card is worth, say beckett has a price on a jordan patch that is 200 bv. you could have one on ebay turn up and sells for 150 because the patch has no stitching and is 2 colors, the same card from that set shows up and it has 3 colors and 4 breaks with stitching, yes its from the same set and both book the same but a buyer is going to be spending a few hundred dollars on that card.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]