`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Mill: Stamkos to Philly?

Rumor Mill: Stamkos to Philly?
So as we all know, the Flyers have dealt the two players that were supposed to be the main cogs of the franchise, Jeff Carter and the captain, Mike Richards. With the emergence of Claude Giroux and the playoff heroics of James van Riemsdyk, it looks like the Flyers have two new guys to build around.

However, it seems awfully strange that the team would deal both Carter AND Richards. Carter was a salary dump to get Bryzgalov but dealing Richie too? Something is up. There have been murmurs that the Flyers acquired the 8th overall pick in this year's draft and Brayden Schenn to include in a potential package that could bring Steven Stamkos to Philadelphia. Tampa may not be able to give the RFA what he is looking for.

To me, this would be a great move, to bring in a talent this city hasn't seen since Lindros. Stamkos is the franchise player the Flyers haven't had in years.

Some sources say the Flyers have no interest in Stamkos but I think trading away two top line centers is just too big of a move not to have something HUGE planned.

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion,

Nick
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

RE: Rumor Mill: Stamkos to Philly?
Well, i sent a tweet to TSN's bob mackenzie and darren dreger about this, and i'll see if they respond... But i remember reading not too long ago that Yzerman was real close to a deal with Stammer, so if he indeed gets traded to philly, i would be flabbergasted personally...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369660

philly sucks. they cant get any worse and really need a goalie. ill tell you this much, vancouver is a bunch of lame asses! Bruins baby!
JD

(06-23-2011, 05:45 PM)jdevolve Wrote: philly sucks. they cant get any worse and really need a goalie. ill tell you this much, vancouver is a bunch of lame asses! Bruins baby!
classy..

(06-23-2011, 05:45 PM)jdevolve Wrote: philly sucks. they cant get any worse and really need a goalie. ill tell you this much, vancouver is a bunch of lame asses! Bruins baby!
They GOT a goalie. Bryz should be real good now that he has a better defence corps in front of him than he did in Phoenix (as long as Pronger stays healthy) and they have great players ready to fill the shoes Carter and Richards left behind in JVR and Giroux. Plus they still have Briere. Now, add Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds plus an 8th overall pick and a couple 2nd rounders and they placed themselves in a much better position than they were at the start of today. So your arguments are null and void. Vancouver has nothing to do with this situation and Bruins prob wouldn't have made it past Montreal if Chara didn't almost end Pacioretty's career. If Paccy would've been available during the series i believe it would've been a different outcome since Boston needed overtime in game 7 to beat an unbalanced Montreal team. Try again.

STAMMER NOT GOING ANYWHERE
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(06-23-2011, 05:46 PM)skelscardclozzit Wrote: classy..
I thought the same thing. Does he speak for all Boston fans or is this a "one classy apple" case?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I would think Brad Richards to Philly is more likely than Stamkos.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(06-23-2011, 10:07 PM)snobles Wrote: I would think Brad Richards to Philly is more likely than Stamkos.
From what my twitter feed is reading, Brian Burke is making a big push at trying to get Brad Richards to come to Toronto. And that Joe Nieuwendyk tried to get Brad to waive his No Trade Clause to trade his negotiation rights for 48 hrs, and he wouldn't even agree to that. At least he could've let them get some sort of compensation for the negotation rights...

Was the goalie situation in Philly really that bad enough that they had to trade their captain and leading scorer?