`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Products from last season in retrospect: UGLY

RE: Products from last season in retrospect: UGLY
I think Xstream meant that it's not fair to compare 2010-11 donruss ( a base product) to either versions of 2009-10 elite simply because... well, even the Elite retail was a better looking card despite lacking the foil.
Myself, I have to admit that 2010-11 Contenders was a step down from 2009-10, Threads was alright for both years (as usual I had bad luck with threads for both years), Prestige was pretty good - about even design wise, ditto for rookies and stars. Absolute.... 2009-10 better overall.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(06-23-2011, 06:16 PM)taffster74 Wrote: I think Xstream meant that it's not fair to compare 2010-11 donruss ( a base product) to either versions of 2009-10 elite simply because... well, even the Elite retail was a better looking card despite lacking the foil.
Myself, I have to admit that 2010-11 Contenders was a step down from 2009-10, Threads was alright for both years (as usual I had bad luck with threads for both years), Prestige was pretty good - about even design wise, ditto for rookies and stars. Absolute.... 2009-10 better overall.
Gotcha, yeah contenders was a major step down. The only product that was really just as good this year as last was Classics.
(06-23-2011, 06:08 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: you think this seasons rookie class was better then last years?
Well I guess not. Pretty close really.

09-10
Griffin
Evans
Curry
Jennings

DURING their rookie season these were the only guys making much of an impact. After their second year many more names have emerged as quality players rather than role players like Holiday, Derozan, Harden, Hansborough, Teague, Henderson and several others. After year two 09-10 looks to be much deeper than 10-11 but during the 09-10 season it was pretty sparse with the exception of the studs at the top. Also have to keep in mind Griffin didn't play at all that year.

10-11
Wall
Turner
Cousins
Monroe
Favors

Lots of guys who weren't stars but were solid like Aminu, Davis, Crawford, George, Patterson, Johnson.

2010-2011 has the better draft class. Blake Griffin is a beast but look at the depth in 2010-2011:

Wall, Turner, Favors, Cousins, Monroe, George, Davis, Johnson, Bledsoe, Fields.

Players generally get way better in their 2nd year in the NBA.

Curry, Evans and Jennings don't look any better than they looked in their rookie season.

But I think the guys from 2010 will get better especially turner once they move iggy.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

lets be fair, youre leaving out alot of solid players from the 2009 draft, im not going to type them, but i looked up the list as a refresher and there is alot of solid players from the 09 draft, i believe more so then the 2010 draft.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]