`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, ebay sellers sure are getting bold...

RE: Wow, ebay sellers sure are getting bold...
(06-24-2011, 07:17 PM)pyweed Wrote: False equivalency award winner. Sellers who abide by the rules are funding the people who use listings as ads and then engage in fee avoidance. Maybe it's not a "scam" but it's unethical. If you don't see what the big deal is then you're not thinking about it hard enough.
Yeah, I'm pretty surprised that everyone feels it's fine to cheat Ebay out of the fees. Like Ebay or not, you're getting a lot of exposure for your sales there, and you agree to the sale terms up front. I've only sold a handful of things through Ebay, but they're things I would not have found a buyer for otherwise.

If you don't need the leads from Ebay, that's great, but I don't see how it's anything but wrong to try to use Ebay to advertise and then skip out on the commission. If you don't think Ebay is worth the fees, don't use them. If you can't make a profit selling your $1 cards any other way, maybe you need to sell some other item.

RE: Wow, ebay sellers sure are getting bold...
I am not saying avoid ebay fees but if the person wants it cheaper the only way he will get it cheaper is going off of ebay. I sell more cards on ebay than off. I would say I have sold 3 cards off of ebay after the auction ended and someone asked me about the card and what the lowest I would go. So I gave them my price off of ebay if they accept then we are good if not then I keep the card in my collection. I think of it as people wanting to get the best price for the cards they want. I look at it as I wanna sell this card and this is the lowest I will go because of the fees I will have to pay and what the card cost me. I am a collector first but if I need money to buy something I want, I will sell my cards I don't really want to get it. I would much rather trade but seeing that most of the cards I want nobody has on here I am forced to sell and buy.

(06-24-2011, 07:30 PM)dpatera Wrote: Yeah, I'm pretty surprised that everyone feels it's fine to cheat Ebay out of the fees. Like Ebay or not, you're getting a lot of exposure for your sales there, and you agree to the sale terms up front. I've only sold a handful of things through Ebay, but they're things I would not have found a buyer for otherwise.

If you don't need the leads from Ebay, that's great, but I don't see how it's anything but wrong to try to use Ebay to advertise and then skip out on the commission. If you don't think Ebay is worth the fees, don't use them. If you can't make a profit selling your $1 cards any other way, maybe you need to sell some other item.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]